SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if they are good tires? I need Winters or A/S tires badly and I can pick up a set with about 80% for around $250 Installed....

Enticing to say the least.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Anyone know if they are good tires? I need Winters or A/S tires badly and I can pick up a set with about 80% for around $250 Installed....

Enticing to say the least.
My mother has these on her R. They suck in my opinion. They are already bald after like 20k miles or something retarded. they dont have good grip and don't protect your wheels at all.

Not a huge fan of these at all. And to boot, tire rack rates them at like 6.4. Which is awful

I'm trying to make sure she doesn't by them again

·
Registered
171 Posts
P6's:
I have them on my car (the person that had my car before me put them on)
they suck
you can easily start sliding about even when you aren't hooning if it's wet out
not very good performance
driven in snow one time with them, not that good either

I would not get them

·
Registered
371 Posts
I had these on my S60 2.4T. Honestly, they saved my life. Don't know if I'd recommend them for the R, but the FWD S60 loved them. Ate up the snow and helped me navigate a pretty series MD snowstorm. The tires I had on before would have stranded me. Would other tire have performed just as well? Probably. But I had the P6s at the time, so I'll attribute it to that.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't get it.. why buy a fun car and put on all season tires. they suck ALL TIME. Go for proper winter and summer tires.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I don't get it.. why buy a fun car and put on all season tires. they suck ALL TIME. Go for proper winter and summer tires.
Because if fitted with certain good all season tires the car can serve people all year around with decent performance.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have driven the Pirelli P6 on a Audi A4 1.8T and they are pretty bad in wet and dry.
I would go to something else.

·
Registered
753 Posts
But decent isn't what the car scream for...
Majority of the owers bought the car as a daily driver with decent all weather performace due to AWD (At least I do).
If I want a serious performance car I would have went with M3 which is faster, better handling and more fun to drive but lack of all weather drivability.
Beside, I have a set of R compound tires when i go track event so I am fine with driving the softer sidewall Conti DWS all year round.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Majority of the owers bought the car as a daily driver with decent all weather performace due to AWD (At least I do).
If I want a serious performance car I would have went with M3 which is faster, better handling and more fun to drive but lack of all weather drivability.
Beside, I have a set of R compound tires when i go track event so I am fine with driving the softer sidewall Conti DWS all year round.
Most of the people on here cannot afford an M3 :) but we can argue all night :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts