SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this isn't in a Volvo. But I'm reaching out for help here too. I am installing a Pioneer Avic D2 in my brother's Silverado.

After installing it into the VSS wire, I am getting an ABS light. Although I don't entirely know if it's affected the ABS system yet. I couldn't hook it up by the ECU because it's located under the hood near the engine. Which tbh I wouldn't trust hooking a wire up in there due to the nature of it (dust, water, dirt, etc etc).

Why is the ABS light on? That's my main question here. Thank you for any help you guys can give.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Generally speaking, ABS systems watch the differences in wheel speeds to determine if a wheel is slipping. This is picked up as an AC signal at the vehicle's computer; the higher the voltage, the higher the speed. I'm not familiar with the Silverado to speak intimately about what exactly is going on, but I have a hunch that when you tapped onto the VSS wire you have changed the voltage that your computer is reading on that particular wire, making the vehicle think something is amiss.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts