SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pimped out the Engine Bay - New Pics Inside

Well I had all the time in the world with the GF out of town. Started in the morning and finished... let's just say I did finish
. Always thought that blue was a bit boring and out of place on black sapphire/atacama. Did the covers, top mount, and the charge pipe. Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: Went over the charge pipe and the manifold with a buffer. Yes winglets are primed black for now

Modified by xman03 at 5:45 AM 3-11-2009

Modified by xman03 at 5:47 AM 3-11-2009

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Re: (juve021)

i cant see pic agen damit!!!!!!! hahahaha youlll just have to drive over tonight or the orther way around haha

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Re: (VolvokidS60R)

I likes it. What kind of paint?

I may have to paint a polish or german flag or brewery emblem to compete with yours, eric.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Lol, that will have to do Nick. The job is still not complete as I have to wetsand the red as pointed out. Also I can finally get my hands on a buffer today so the pipe will be quiet more shiny once I'm done.

- First off polishing the charge pipe is a HUGE pain in the rear. It is extremely rough and coated. I started out with 60 grit using orbital palm sander. Then 120 grit with the palm sander. Then hand sand using 220, 320, 400, 600, and 1000 grit. Dry sand 400 and then wet sand 400 and then wet sand from that point on. Finish up with a buffer using compound of your choice.

- The paint I used was Dupli-Color Engine enamel good for up to 500 degrees.

Modified by xman03 at 6:32 AM 3-9-2009

Modified by xman03 at 6:37 AM 3-9-2009

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: (xman03)

I'm not a huge fan of red on anything but Ferraris, but I think it looks good. The pipe looks sick though, that's really eye catching. Did you just buff the crap out of it?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Re: (xman03)

Quote, originally posted by xman03 »

- First off polishing the charge pipe is a HUGE pain in the rear. It is extremely rough and coated. I started out with 60 grit using orbital palm sander. Then 120 grit with the palm sander. Then hand sand using 220, 320, 400, 600, and 1000 grit. Dry sand 400 and then wet sand 400 and then wet sand from that point on. Finish up with a buffer using compound of your choice.

Same thing with the pipe brackets I'm guessing. That must have been really rough.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: Pimped out the Engine Bay (xman03)

good combo. it looks real nice. just enough color. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
17,007 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Looks good man!!! Looks like im going to be doing my charge pipe and finishing up my heatshield this weekend. What paint did you use for the satin black engine cover?? I see your in Baltimore too. I live in Towson, we need to meet up sometime!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote, originally posted by juve021 »
Good job man! Want to do mine? lol

Haha, trade the grill for my services
. It's a fairly easy process just takes a good 3-4 hours with a palm sander and a buffer. I can't even imagine sanding it down by hand

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.