SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Who has managed to upgrade their XC90 from PilotAssist 2 to PilotAssist 3?
AFAIK, PA3 is a myth. There is no solid documentation which talks about PA3. Based on my understanding some confuses PA2 as PA3.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
The lastest feature is described as Pilot Assist with navi on VCUSA site. Maybe map data is leveraged somehow.

Also we see links showing curve speed adjustment is available in Europe, not USA.

No upgrade is available from PA2 to the latest PA.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Who has managed to upgrade their XC90 from PilotAssist 2 to PilotAssist 3?
Where did you get the Pilot Assist 3 information?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The lastest feature is described as Pilot Assist with navi on VCUSA site. Maybe map data is leveraged somehow.

Also we see links showing curve speed adjustment is available in Europe, not USA.

Would be helpful if you share link

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Found on UK website, same on US site
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-gb/all/Accessories/Search?query=32259216
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/all/Accessories/Search?query=IntelliSafe+Assist+Upgrade

Only for S60/V60/CC models. Not sure if any hardware difference between S/V60 and other SPA models. But at least they now call it generation 3.

IntelliSafe Assist Upgrade (Excl. AM)
This offer is only aimed at customers who already have IntelliSafe Assist and Sensus Navigation but who want to upgrade Pilot Assist to generation 3.

S60 (19-) 2019 | S60 (19-) 2019 | V60 (1:cool: 2019 | V60 (1:cool: 2019 | V60 CROSS COUNTRY (19-) 2019 | V60 CROSS COUNTRY (19-) 2019

·
Registered
221 Posts

Curve speed adjustment is available in PA2 also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,184 Posts

Not in year 2018. Maybe you have PA3 actually. Anyways it is for European market, I really don't know.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Would be helpful if you share link
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/about/...re-of-driving/connectivity/intellisafe-assist

Pilot Assist

Pilot Assist is designed to provide collaborative, intelligent and directable assistance while the driver maintains control at all times. Pilot Assist reduces driver strain in tedious driving situations. The system delivers enhanced speed and distance keeping and a more consistent and precise position in lane. When activated, the system also has a positive effect if a conflict is about to happen — the performance in emergency steering and braking is improved.

Pilot Assist works at speeds up to 130km/h and is particularly useful in highway conditions, helping to reduce the effort required when driving at higher speeds. For the EU and US, Pilot Assist is connected to the navigation system and has an ‘electronic horizon’ function that increases accuracy and performance in curves. Western European markets benefit from Curve Speed Adaption, a function that uses map data to adapt cruising speed in curves to a comfortable level.

While using Pilot Assist you must keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road ahead at all times.

·
Registered
67 Posts

Not in the US. I just had mine serviced two weeks ago. I read about the Curve Speed Adjustment in the manual, but my Sensus does not have it as an option.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is from volvoforum UK

But as to Demans questions I can give a short review of PA3.
The most noticeable difference is that now you can use it on curvy roads while that was before only possible with a lead car. Now the car will slow down before a corner depending on how much it curves. And in general it uses quite sensible speeds. Neither to slow nor to fast.
The other improvement is that it now corners steeper bends without the help of the driver. While on PA2 there was a rather low limit for when you needed to "help" the car in a corner it manages now much better on its own.
For the third improvement I do not have enough experience to be sure, but I get the impression that it handles roads with intermediate missing street markings (middle lines on repaired sections) better. I have one section on my way to work where the car would deactivate PA frequently without a lead car but now keeps going. Not sure if that is a glitch or a rule. __________________
XC90 AWD D5

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Curve speed adjustment is really helpful. Wonder why it is only available in West Europe. Maybe the map data there has more details about how sharp curves are?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Probably not available in the US either because our Gooberment regulations prohibit it, or more likely, our wonderful Trial Lawyers will use it to put Volvo out of business with lawsuits.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I prefer the 2021 curve adjustment my XC90 to the Tesla AP solution. Differences are noticeable:

Tesla (Model 3 LRDM (with FSD)):
- Brakes too hard way too early
- Slow through the corners
- Sideways G force experienced vary throughout the corners.

Volvo (XC90 T8):
- Brakes late, but smooth
- Somehow, experienced sideways G force appear to be constant throughout the turn.
- Sideways G force experienced higher than Tesla.
- Quicker through the corners

·
Registered
96 Posts
I prefer the 2021 curve adjustment my XC90 to the Tesla AP solution. Differences are noticeable:

Tesla (Model 3 LRDM (with FSD)):
- Brakes too hard way too early
- Slow through the corners
- Sideways G force experienced vary throughout the corners.

Volvo (XC90 T8):
- Brakes late, but smooth
- Somehow, experienced sideways G force appear to be constant throughout the turn.
- Sideways G force experienced higher than Tesla.
- Quicker through the corners
Nice! Really looking forward to my new MY21 T8.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is there a way to check which version of PA I have and if it features curve speed adjustment?

I recently had PA updated on my European XC90, but don't know exactly which options were available, because it's a 2015.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts