SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to those who changed to the Michelin's and enjoyed the improved ride (me included) do/did you find the hop effect came back as the tyres wore or is it just time for another alignment you think?

cheers
bb

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
Re: Pilot sports & sidehop (bruceb)

Just "wore" is a vague term. If you are at the absolute end and scared of hydroplaning on sprinkler overspray, then yes, it will have an effect. If you are above the wear bars, then no. Check your pressures, and then think about having it on the rack.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

nah, tyre pressures are fine - I check them regularly.,

Just before the car came out of warranty, the upgraded rear bushes were put in and car was "calibrated' and not long after that I got rid of the Pzero's and all was well - cured hop for good.

Progressive, over time the rear has recently become 'active' again, so was just wondering if the tyre wear (prob at 50% worn) may be a cause/effect?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

Mine started again when the PS's got to 6/32"

·
Registered
431 Posts

Are you talking about the A/S? I went from the Nero A/S to Pilot Sport A/S Plus and was surprised by the side hop as well. I haven't had it out in rain/snow yet, but so far I think I should have stayed with Pirelli...

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Pilot sports & sidehop (clee)

Quote, originally posted by clee »
Are you talking about the A/S? I went from the Nero A/S to Pilot Sport A/S Plus and was surprised by the side hop as well. I haven't had it out in rain/snow yet, but so far I think I should have stayed with Pirelli...

Yes, he had the A/S's.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Re: Pilot sports & sidehop (Needsdecaf)

PILOT SPORTS SUCK!!!!!!!! man iv never see a worce made Mich. tire!!! youd think there the best right.. NO! one min you love them the next your side ways going ooo SH**IT wtf now!!!!
it was spring time and it was sleeting.. Amage that..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts