SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my clutch kit in the mail for my 05 R, it did not come with a pilot bearing. Anyone know where I can purchase one online I'm having no luck, or the dimensions. I would like to replace while I'm that far into the car, unless someone suggests otherwise or not needed any info would help thanks!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
There is no pilot bearing for our cars.

·
Registered
269 Posts
What was the model of clutch?
LUK 22-035?

And yea, no seperate bilot bearing. It's all in the slave cylinder (throwout bearing).

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 V70R, Midnight Blue, M66
2,124 Posts
Normally the throw out bearing is pressed on to the slave cylinder, as an integrated assembly. If you have ONLY the bearing, I would suggest you replace the slave cylinder in addition as they are a known point of failure.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Normally the throw out bearing is pressed on to the slave cylinder, as an integrated assembly. If you have ONLY the bearing, I would suggest you replace the slave cylinder in addition as they are a known point of failure.
In fact, I insist that you do this! You will be saving yourself hundreds of dollars down the road for an $80 part. It happened to me.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is there no bearing in the center of the fly wheel? I've never done a clutch on a volvo, but I have on countless gm,Ford,Chrysler vehicles and I generally replace the "pilot bearing" which is the bearing that is in the center of the flywheel that the clutch slides into.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Te cars you've seen pilot brg on had the stubby input shaft where input and out shaft meet with needle bearings. Very poor support for cluth disc in tht arrangement. The transaxle in Volvo (and many others) had a long input shaft with bearings several inches apart so the shaft is well supported to carry clutch w/o the support of pilot brg.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts