SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I ended up with a 2019 XC60 without PA2 or ACC due to an incredible deal and bit on it.

I didn't realize that I could get the dealer to actually upgrade/install PA2 and ACC after the fact. I had assumed it was a factory option only.

Does anyone have any idea what parts, part numbers and/or costs would be associated with an upgrade for this?

I've seen some prices on a Facebook XC60 group but I can't recall if those listing the price were in the US or not.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Alternatively, I'm considering maybe waiting on PA3 to come out and possibly going directly to that--assuming that is even possible.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
We are all curious on the PA3 part as there is an upgrade for S60:
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/S60(19-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-516522/2019

Also MY2020 XC60 and V60 Polestar Engineered model is listed standard with "Pilot Assist with Navi".

So maybe it will become available for MY2019 cars some time later? If you don't have plan for long trips recently you can wait.
The cost for PA2 accessory (parts, software, and labor) probably around $1.5k to 2k-ish.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know, I had seen something else entirely on the accessories page but this one makes sense in light that I was told I would need a hydraulic unit which coincides with the fact that they are needed in a T5 (which I have) and not in a T6 since the T6 already has it.

Now to just wonder what the costs might be comparatively speaking that others might be paying.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are all curious on the PA3 part as there is an upgrade for S60:
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/S60(19-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-516522/2019

Also MY2020 XC60 and V60 Polestar Engineered model is listed standard with "Pilot Assist with Navi".

So maybe it will become available for MY2019 cars some time later? If you don't have plan for long trips recently you can wait.
The cost for PA2 accessory (parts, software, and labor) probably around $1.5k to 2k-ish.
I've put about 5,000 miles on this thing in the last 2 months. Lots of trips have come up and I expect a few more shorter trips yet before October.

It looks like that is telling me I need the other equipment in ssskelton's post first before that would be possible anyway... assuming it would be possible for XC60 obviously.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
I've put about 5,000 miles on this thing in the last 2 months. Lots of trips have come up and I expect a few more shorter trips yet before October.

It looks like that is telling me I need the other equipment in ssskelton's post first before that would be possible anyway... assuming it would be possible for XC60 obviously.
Yes you need that one of course. PA2 itself is great for long trips now that I don't worry how many hours I can drive in one day.

It is totally unknown to us what's the difference to enable navi on PA2 as PA3 needs to get real-time info from GPS and map data from Sensus system. PA2 could be just one level lower and doesn't talk to Sensus at all.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Also just read a piece of news that XC40 next year will get GPS helped cruise control and battery hold.
If this is true, PA3 could also come to other new models next year.

https://teknikensvarld.se/provkorning-av-volvo-xc40-t5-twin-engine/
Bing translated:
Already in the next year, Volvo can also introduce a T4 Twin Engine, GPS-based regeneration and a GPS-controlled cruise control. The car can then adjust the speed in a curve and also take care of the battery in a smarter way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts