SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if 2019 S60's came with PA3? No body seems to have a concrete answer, and it is also confusingly worded online as an accessory not available to cars originally having Sensus and Intellisafe factory installed...?

@gunshow , @tech , do you guys know? My car is a 05/2019 build.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Does anyone know if 2019 S60's came with PA3? No body seems to have a concrete answer, and it is also confusingly worded online as an accessory not available to cars originally having Sensus and Intellisafe factory installed...?

@gunshow , @tech , do you guys know? My car is a 05/2019 build.
Try it on medium curvy road (with caution of course) you should know if it is PA3 on S60. It is quite noticeable PA2 is not perfect on curves.

I am also very confused why an update exists only for an add-on accessory not factory installed feature.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I honestly don't think the S60's have PA3... yet? I cannot tell a difference between my 2017 S90 PA2, and PA3 on any roads, curvy or straight. TBH, I feel like my S90 performs better on curves? My S60 wanders all over the place and doesn't seem to steer smoothly, its always steering in stages, adjusting back and forth, and seems to always adjust too late. It either overshoots the steering input and goes over the right-side line, or doesn't turn enough and goes over the left-side line and deactivates. I am not talking about very sharp curves here either. I am a bit confused.

Also, if the car is "supposed" to adjust better based on data from the navigation system, wouldn't you think it would slow for approaching curves so it could better manage them? I would have thought that would be part of the PA3 upgrade, as Mercedes and now BMW implemented that feature into their driver assistance systems.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
I honestly don't think the S60's have PA3... yet? I cannot tell a difference between my 2017 S90 PA2, and PA3 on any roads, curvy or straight. TBH, I feel like my S90 performs better on curves? My S60 wanders all over the place and doesn't seem to steer smoothly, its always steering in stages, adjusting back and forth, and seems to always adjust too late. It either overshoots the steering input and goes over the right-side line, or doesn't turn enough and goes over the left-side line and deactivates. I am not talking about very sharp curves here either. I am a bit confused.

Also, if the car is "supposed" to adjust better based on data from the navigation system, wouldn't you think it would slow for approaching curves so it could better manage them? I would have thought that would be part of the PA3 upgrade, as Mercedes and now BMW implemented that feature into their driver assistance systems.
Looks like S60 doesn't have PA3 then. Really weird. Hope some V60 driver can check if V60 is different.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks like S60 doesn't have PA3 then. Really weird. Hope some V60 driver can check if V60 is different.
I'm happy to check my V60 if it doesn't involve any potentially dangerous driving. Is this something that would be reflected in software version information in the Sensus system?

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
I'm happy to check my V60 if it doesn't involve any potentially dangerous driving. Is this something that would be reflected in software version information in the Sensus system?
You drive at posted speed limit (+5 at most), monitor it closely and help correct it as needed then not dangerous at all. Or just steer it like you normally do and see if PA's reaction is tad later than you.
No version info in Sensus. :)

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
On the configuration site for MY2020 XC60/Poletar and V60/Polestar, PA is listed as standard "Pilot Assist with Navi".
If the name is accurate, this should be the said PA3, eg. PA with curve map data.

In normal XC60 and V60 MY2020 model, PA is still listed in Advanced Package as "PA and Adaptive Cruise Control". It would be weird if they don't use same PA in all MY2020 models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts