1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bet it does... I’m going to ask my local dealership if the upgrade is available for MY18 XC90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Will MY16 XC90 qualify? Because I see that this upgrade comes with a lot of does not apply to this and that.

For starters, mine came with Pilor Assist 1, which limited us to certain speeds and we needed a leading car for it to work. I later upgraded to P2, which did away with all those limitations. Would I now be able to upgrade to P3?

I'm unsure because exclusions are confusing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
It says "Does not work for customers who have IntelliSafe Assist and Sensus Navigation fitted directly from the factory."

Does that mean that most of us won't be able to upgrade because ours came with Sensus Navigation from factory?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
It says "Does not work for customers who have IntelliSafe Assist and Sensus Navigation fitted directly from the factory."

Does that mean that most of us won't be able to upgrade because ours came with Sensus Navigation from factory?

Exactly!

Yet at the top, they also say it's for those who already have prior versions of PA.

This then means:
1. The exclusion at the bottom overrides and qualifies the top inclusion
2. Those that don't have it at all, can't jump straight from having nothing to retrofitting P3. They must first install the old PA1/2 then upgrade again to PA3. Otherwise, how else would PA3 work if there was nothing before?

Volvo must just come in and clarify their confusing messaging

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I bet it does... I'm going to ask my local dealership if the upgrade is available for MY18 XC90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could you please ask about us also, who had PA1 from the factory, then upgraded it to PA2, if we too could have PA3?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
The link was to a V60 accessory and I don’t see it listed under XC90 for any SPA model year, at least not yet. It’s probable that the V60 has newer/different HW making it uniquely suited for PA3 and that XC90 wouldn’t yet or SW/FW hasn’t been produced to retroactively update XC90 to PA3.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Could you please ask about us also, who had PA1 from the factory, then upgraded it to PA2, if we too could have PA3?

Thanks

For sure - it will be cool to be able to get PA3 with augmented assist via Nav... actually what's interesting is with the latest update I received over the summer I've noticed PA2 seems to have some intelligence in how it takes turns by slowing down through curves then accelerating out. I was surprised by that enhancement but definitely welcome. It's much like the Porsche Apex Assist (forgot what they call theirs), although Porsche's is more about helping to make the "pilot" better.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
sounds like it is just an update for all the people whining that PA2 was "dangerous" on curves.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The page says v60, but the picture shows XC90. I am willing to pay for hardware to get the upgrade to the next level. Hope the cost is not too much.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The page says v60, but the picture shows XC90. I am willing to pay for hardware to get the upgrade to the next level. Hope the cost is not too much.
The picture is generic to show the functionality of IntelliSafe...

If you check through most of the vehicles (XC90/60, S90, V90, V60CC), it's only showing up for the V60. And it's also noted with an "Excl. AM," which I believe means America, so, not available here anyway.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
The picture is generic to show the functionality of IntelliSafe...

If you check through most of the vehicles (XC90/60, S90, V90, V60CC), it's only showing up for the V60. And it's also noted with an "Excl. AM," which I believe means America, so, not available here anyway.
I don't think AM is "America" - when there are market exclusions for US, they usually list it as "US" and "CA" is separate which I expect references Canada. That being said I was puzzled by what AM could be and from prior observations doubt it's for America. Looking it up, it's likely to be Armenia which seems like such an odd exclusion for a mass market option. Then again you look at other features, like "IntelliSafe Assist" which we know is available in US and CA, it's also listed with exclusion for (certain MY, like 2016) AM, and a few other countries:

IntelliSafe Assist (Excl. AM, AR, IN, PE)

https://www.countrycode.org

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Excluding certain poor countries. Those places have a high number of roads with improper or simply any road markings that the software needs to use.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I don't understand this:
Note!

This is only an upgrade of IntelliSafe Assist. The offer applies only for customers who already have IntelliSafe Assist and Sensus Navigation as retrofitted accessories

Does not work for customers who have IntelliSafe Assist and Sensus Navigation fitted directly from the factory.
So those who got their V60 delivered with PA2 couldn't get this upgrade? And those didn't get PA2 as delivered but paid for retrofit later could get upgraded? Make no sense to me. Is it because they paid more money for the PA2 accessory than factory ordered?

Or do they actually mean, new factory ordered PA2 will come with this upgrade already so this accessory item doesn't apply to new cars? The wording is really weird if this is true.

And this for V60 only, but we can always hope for dripping down to older models, just like PA2 came in S90 first and then all XC90's.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I welcome the nav data to be used by PA. However this is one weak point too. If Sensus reboots or GPS signal is lost when the car is in a curve, will PA lose track of the curve? En... It is pity better curve detection can't be done by the MobileyesQ3 camera.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
For sure - it will be cool to be able to get PA3 with augmented assist via Nav... actually what's interesting is with the latest update I received over the summer I've noticed PA2 seems to have some intelligence in how it takes turns by slowing down through curves then accelerating out. I was surprised by that enhancement but definitely welcome. It's much like the Porsche Apex Assist (forgot what they call theirs), although Porsche's is more about helping to make the "pilot" better.
Can we get more confirmation on this? This is really useful on curves.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
I welcome the nav data to be used by PA. However this is one weak point too. If Sensus reboots or GPS signal is lost when the car is in a curve, will PA lose track of the curve? En... It is pity better curve detection can't be done by the MobileyesQ3 camera.
No, the GPS data is used to assist the cameras, not replace them. If the GPS signal is lost, it will act as it does today.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Are 19's already coming with PA3?

1 - 20 of 152 Posts