SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Too much rubber - nice design but need to be bigger and lower profile tires I think.
I agree, needs minimum 21"! But shape looks good overall, looks more sporty. Not a fan of Inscription wheel design personally.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the offset the same on those rims? Hard to say from pictures, the front looks good to me but the rear wheels seem both small and inset way more than the 20s.
No, offsets are different. On the 19s it's 47mm, while on the 20s it's 38.5mm, hence the different looks. But IMO they still look better then most of what Volvo has to offer at the moment. At least in the 19" lineup.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
But those have the same offset as the 19" specd for the new xc90?

I saw one at the dealer the other day and while I wasn't really into the rims, I was happy to see that the spacing seemed identical to the 20s. Narrower wheel but set out further to compensate.

Also do you have the air suspension? If so which setting is this?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I agree, needs minimum 21"! But shape looks good overall, looks more sporty. Not a fan of Inscription wheel design personally.
20" are plenty for this car...19" seems to be small.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
20" are plenty for this car...19" seems to be small.
Plenty...of course it's "plenty" But the XC90 looks way better with 22's :D :cool: ;)

XC90 is a large SUV & now a days you get a little Chevy Cruze with 18's lol I remember when 16" wheels were considered large back in the 90's :eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But those have the same offset as the 19" specd for the new xc90?

I saw one at the dealer the other day and while I wasn't really into the rims, I was happy to see that the spacing seemed identical to the 20s. Narrower wheel but set out further to compensate.

Also do you have the air suspension? If so which setting is this?
Yes, I have air suspension. The car was running and in comfort mode.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sporty wheel, yet too small for the car IMO and too much rubber. They don't look right but that's of course my opinion. I think when someone attempts to use sporty wheels, especially on a car that doesn't necessarily beg for sporty wheels, and the wheels are too small and/or there's too much rubber, it makes it stand out even more.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the same set on my Classic xc90 and I have ordered the Inscription T8 but Iam also not so keen on the boring wheels that are standard. With air suspension have you got enough clearance to lower them?. Salesman said that the 19 in would be too small fpr two reasons ... weight of the T8 and the wheel arches are wider.
Yours look OK!
I think I will go for the 20" Heico Evolution these are closest to the Vulcanis...

·
Registered
208 Posts
I got the same set on my Classic xc90 and I have ordered the Inscription T8 but Iam also not so keen on the boring wheels that are standard. With air suspension have you got enough clearance to lower them?. Salesman said that the 19 in would be too small fpr two reasons ... weight of the T8 and the wheel arches are wider.
Yours look OK!
I think I will go for the 20" Heico Evolution these are closest to the Vulcanis...
I think your dealer is mistaken because standard T8's come with 19's. I have a set of Heico Volution19's but I think the sizing might be off and interfere with the larger brakes found on my T8.

Heico was going to let me know if there 20's will fit the T8. They assured me that there new 22's will fit and will be available shortly.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I think your dealer is mistaken because standard T8's come with 19's.
FYI: As I understand it, the T8 Inscription (US) comes with 10-spoke 20" wheels. The 21" are optional. I am not sure about other regions. Raffia indicated that he had a T8 Inscription.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I also indicated I had a T8 coming! The Momentum T8 comes standard with 19's in your region!
Great! Sorry that I missed that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts