Argh - so jealous! Looks great!

·
Registered
714 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS! It's a beautiful car.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Looks so good! They must brings these to NA. It's like the C30's older brother [or a Ford Focus 5door with 100x more class :D]

How's the T4 engine? I know if we do get the v40 here it will come with the 2.4i or the T5...but still kind of curious about the T4

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I am so very jealous!!! Just about the model I want! Please more pics and of interior too!!!! I want to see averything about this car :D

By the way, where are you? generally speaking (the country), UK?

·
Registered
'15.5 Volvo V60 Cross Country
442 Posts
Thanks for posting your photos..like many here in the U.S., we can only hope that this V40 and perhaps the V60 will be coming our way soon!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fallenfenix87:
The V40 is like a grown-up C30 in many aspects. The interior quality is very pleasant and the V40 have, in my opinion, one of the best exterior design in this class.

The T4 engine is really good. At first I thought that the 1.6 GTDI should be to slow, but it isn't. Both the performance and the fuel economy is okey. Over my first 1000 km the average consumption is approx. 32 US MPG (7.4 l/100km)
Hopefully the consumption will drop a little bit by time.

TG:
I will post more pics when the weather allow me to take more photos, right now it's raining a lot in Gothenburgh ( As answer on you second question, I am from Sweden).

miata13:
You're welcome, more photos will be posted soon!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
TG:
I will post more pics when the weather allow me to take more photos, right now it's raining a lot in Gothenburgh ( As answer on you second question, I am from Sweden).
Great! I can't wait to see them!
Sweden! I would not have been able to tell... That's great though.
huhumm, any chance you could go knock on the door of Volvo corporate office and ask them to ship us some over here, us poor american resident ;)

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Thanks for posting your photos..like many here in the U.S., we can only hope that this V40 and perhaps the V60 will be coming our way soon!
They aren't. You'll have to move overseas to own those cars.

·
Registered
'15.5 Volvo V60 Cross Country
442 Posts
They aren't. You'll have to move overseas to own those cars.
Now....no more C30....time to start to seriously consider alternative brands as its clear Volvo has little near-term interest in the U.S. market as far as new models.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Sorry Volvos heyday in the USA was in 1981 when the one millonth car bound for the US rolled off the production line, a silver 240 estate. At the time this made Volvo one of the biggest imported brands into the states, if not the biggest. Volvo manufactured 372,400 cars in 1983, today 449,000, not much of an improvement. They sold 2.8 million 240 series world wide. In the Seattle area I see more Volvos that are 20+ years old than new ones. 240 series were expensive at the time, but people bought those tanks because they were safer than anything else on the road and they were way over engineered, read long life and very reliable. For a time Volvo made the safest most reliable cars on the road, everyone else has caught up. What's Volvos identity now? Dealers in the US are begging for the V40. Granted the US is a very competitive market, maybe they can't sell the V40 here and make a profit. Besides the new S60 Volvo and XC60 Volvo is offering little for the US market. A short product line, Xc90 old, S60/xc60 new, xc70 old, S80 old, so basically Volvo is importing 4 models into the states 3 of which are way past their prime. C30 gone, C70 gone, S40 gone, V50 gone, Volvo is shooting themselves in the foot in the US, US dealers have basically a very small offering.
It's too bad, I've owned 8 different Volvos, the V50 will be my last. My brand loyalty only goes so far, they offer nothing I would buy anymore. CYA Volvo.

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Volvo needs a US factory...

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
Volvo needs a US factory...
Good in theory, but that would kill the build quality. The "new Fords" haven't been around long enough for me to start believing that Americans can build lasting cars again.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
American workers can build quality cars, it's not their fault management makes decisions based largely on cost and limits what the engineers can do.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
. For a time Volvo made the safest most reliable cars on the road, everyone else has caught up.
Uhm, no they have not. You must have missed the latest IIHS test...sort of like a pop quiz where over 95%of the students were caught off guard and failed...Volvo, of course, passed with flying colors.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Uhm, no they have not. You must have missed the latest IIHS test...sort of like a pop quiz where over 95%of the students were caught off guard and failed...Volvo, of course, passed with flying colors.
more on this please :D
I too have that impression that safety is pretty much a standard thing now so I'd be curious to know what makes Volvo still superior to other brands aside from the new electronic gizmo sensors if you see what I mean. Those, well they are what they are. Prevention is good but safe crashing is my priority since I don't intend to crash in anyone. I want to make sure I'm safe when someone crashes in me ;)

For example the S40 driver impact test isn't the best out there. Many cheaper cars do better. It is still good but again I have the impression other brands are pretty much on part so I'd be curious to know why that may not be the case.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts