SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 3 month wait for a special order, we received a shipment of Quaife Limited Slip Differentials (LSD) for the M66 AWD gearboxes, Part Number QDf14J. Our understanding is that there is no other available stock anywhere as of now, so we're glad we got our hands on these!

Here is a quick picture for your viewing pleasure:

It appears that the tapered roller bearings for the -14J are 50mm bore compared to 40mm bore on the M56 FWD and M66 FWD Quaife LSD's also available, and I am in the process of sourcing new bearings for these units too.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
how convienent. So one MEELION dollars each I guess?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
George, would this be suited for a mostly stock car or a high horsepower car? From the description it sounds like it is more for a car with high horsepower that needs to get the power to the ground.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Those splines are pretty. Are they the ones that the spline sleave mates with?

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
So this just fixes the open front diff, correct? I wonder if it'd help with the longevity of the AWD bits, considering there'd be less front wheel slippage...

·
Registered
303 Posts
To bad their so expensive, the rear differential and some more rear bias would be sweet. Especially for the winter.. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you did front and rear how would that affect the handling?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Any GT upgrades ?

·
Registered
134 Posts
George have you bought the last stock that Quaife had? >_>

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any GT upgrades ?
Nothing planned for now, although I thought the GT-6 was a stout gearbox (short of the valve body issue)

George have you bought the last stock that Quaife had? >_>
Indeed. There is no stock of the rear diff, so we'd need to get a minimum order of 10 units (we could only muster up 4 pre-orders for the rear diff, and didn't think there was enough demand to resell the rest)

·
Registered
134 Posts
So no more front diffs either at Quaife. Thats going to make it difficult for us Europeans!

·
Registered
134 Posts
George I would but I would have to pay VAT and freight which would bump up the cost by about £300 to £400 due to the stupid nature of shipping through customs charges etc. VAT is 20% in UK and you have to pay an extra shipping charge when it goes through customs and I have not worked out how they calculate that it seems to be based on cost of whatever you order and whatever they feel like charging. That and I missed my change to order direct from Quaife so I'd really be kicking myself if I actually bought one :(

1 - 20 of 35 Posts