SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old Gobi carpets, YUK. No matter what you do they always look so dirty!

Norkap FTW!

Did you ever wonder how it looks under the carpet?

Almost did a full Norkap swap, started with the rear booster..

The next after i bought it, i was given these for free.

So Matteo stepped up and took the Norkap off my hands, off they go to Kentucky

I so hate the tan/gobi, but the seller of these carpets is a piece of work:thumbdown::thumbdown:. So i decided not to purchase the rest of the interior from him.:thumbdown:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Are you planning to switch the whole interior over to Norkap or leave the gobi? If you're going to the leave the gobi i think getting a charcoal/black carpet from a base S60 would have been a better idea this way it blends with the rest of the interior, but it is you're ride. And I definitely agree with the lighter interiors always looking dirty, at least my oak interior is similar.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hmm... Not liking the blue-ish tint... Not gonna hate on this though, cuz I have black Volvo mats haha... Good job with the swap!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I like - but you should invest in some Nordkapp Mats to tie it all together. It reminds me a lot of the Range Rover Interior - not sure if they do it anymore, but you could once get the tan leather seating with blue piping and blue carpeting.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
How do the mats get that dirty uniformally all the way around? Do you live in area with excessive snow and wet shoes? My floor mats take all the abuse in my Gobi; they're tough to clean but it's possible.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Looks great! Charcoal carpets with Nordkap floor mats probably would have looked good too. :)

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
You're late to the party on this one my friend ;)

From this:

To this:

Another friend of mine did Atacama/Nordkap, but his car is Magic Blue. It was absolutely stunning!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How do the mats get that dirty uniformally all the way around? Do you live in area with excessive snow and wet shoes? My floor mats take all the abuse in my Gobi; they're tough to clean but it's possible.
No idea, thats why i HATE tan

I like - but you should invest in some Nordkapp Mats to tie it all together. It reminds me a lot of the Range Rover Interior - not sure if they do it anymore, but you could once get the tan leather seating with blue piping and blue carpeting.
yes, i know i am looking for a set

You're late to the party on this one my friend ;)
Another friend of mine did Atacama/Nordkap, but his car is Magic Blue. It was absolutely stunning!
Late to what? I dont get it. I did Norkap with gobi. Not a fan of orange, so if that comment was towards me....IDK what to say :D

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
No idea, thats why i HATE tan

yes, i know i am looking for a set

Late to what? I dont get it. I did Norkap with gobi. Not a fan of orange, so if that comment was towards me....IDK what to say :D
Still looks purple to me.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I want to do this to mine as well. Been thinking of the color combo.
You've proven to me that it looks goood lol

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Hey McLovin - where can we get black carpets from a regular S60? OH and ready to party this Sunday? hehe
lmao. I've been looking around and haven't found anything yet. Ready to party this whole weekend starting friday! lol

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey McLovin - where can we get black carpets from a regular S60? OH and ready to party this Sunday? hehe
there are a few threads out there where you can just dye the carpets black and it looks real nice.

Someone should buy my old carpets and do that!

·
6,436 Posts
there are a few threads out there where you can just dye the carpets black and it looks real nice.

Someone should buy my old carpets and do that!
I actually just located a local guy - lets see how it goes

IS $70 too much for used black S60 carpets in good condition?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i paid $125 for front and rear shipped FYI.

do regular s60 carpets feel the same? is it made out of the same material?

·
6,436 Posts
i paid $125 for front and rear shipped FYI.

do regular s60 carpets feel the same? is it made out of the same material?
I'm not sure, but I'll give it a try.
I'd prefer black over nordkap, since I also painted my center console black (versus that gray that comes from the factory)

Now, if I could find some atacama seats for cheap I'd be in a good shape! :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts