SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually got this setup going about a year ago, but never posted pictures. This only happened by the advice of this forum, particularly Evos_R, so I figured I'd post pictures in gratitude & in case anyone else wants to do this.

The wider tires seems to work pretty well in terms of rim protection. There's still some rub at wheel lock that my 10mm front spacers didn't take care of, but it's still about the same as stock.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks awesome, where did you get the flaps?

IPD for the flaps, spacers are H&R via ECSTuning, with ECSTuning generic bolts. I can't really recommend ECSTuning after some incompetence I experienced with their customer service dept after they shipped me the wrong size.

WIsh I wasn't so lazy, I'd had taken pictures last weekend after I washed the car. Noticing how bad they are now, maybe I'll take new photos & update next time I detail the car.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Were spacers required for this size? I would like the extra protection but don't want to push them that wide.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Were spacers required for this size? I would like the extra protection but don't want to push them that wide.
I was actually running without spacers for a few weeks while I tried to sort the ECSTuning fiasco.

Swedespeed member Evos_R mentioned to me that with 4-5 people in the car, the REAR tires may rub unless you keep the suspension stiff ("advanced" mode). I never came across that problem, but I will say that with regards to the front, the turning radius was much worse than usual until I spaced them out 10mm. Keep in mind that the tires I used, Eagle F1s, are known to be a bit wider than other models, so maybe going with a narrower 245 would ease the problem. You could always try without, and space as desired, like I did.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Looks great!! How do you like the tires, handling etc? I still love mine, I actually ended up getting a new set of 245/40R18 Eagle F1 Asymmetric "2"s when I got an unrepairable flat in my old set, and many of my running issues seem to have gone away.

Either way, props on the setup :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
no need for wider rims with the 245's, correct?

Any real traction benefit to this??

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
no need for wider rims with the 245's, correct?

Any real traction benefit to this??
No, stock 8" rims are fine for 245. It's hard to say if there's an actual benefit, but fact is, there's more rubber on the road.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Sweet! Might have to go 245 then when I get summer rubber then :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's pretty much the setup I have with exception of the spacers. I love my F1s.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it's more for rim protection" than anything.

my reason was actually that i could get my F1s in 245 cheaper than 235, even after buying spacers. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts