SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a thank you for all the information I was able to gather from this forum in the months leading up to the delivery of my wife's XC90, here are some pictures!
The car is awesome and has met all of our expectations so far (about 1,500 miles).

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Very nice......congrats!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations. Beautiful colorway. Very well done.
May I ask for one additional photo? Perhaps a side profile shot?
I have a similar vehicle on order and we have been debating on changing from white to another color.
Thanks!
I just checked and I don't have a side profile shot. To be honest, it's the one angle I don't like: to me the hood and front looks completely out of proportion, like it's tiny compared to the cabin/rear. So I guess it's only natural I omitted it when shooting the car.
That said, I will try and snap a picture tomorrow and upload. I can only recommend this color combination but I am of course biased.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it's dark now and I didn't get around to taking that picture (my wife drives it) but I won't forget.
That said we seem to have opposite opinions on the front: you think it's too big and I actually think it's too "small". Although maybe small is not the right word, the length of it might be right vs the rest of the car but somehow it does not look beefy enough, compared to a GL for instance. Anyway, obviously not a deal-breaker since we still got the car and love it, but in my research the color did not have a material effect on my perception of the front.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
^ Would love to know what you are both talking about lol :confused:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Well it's dark now and I didn't get around to taking that picture (my wife drives it) but I won't forget.
That said we seem to have opposite opinions on the front: you think it's too big and I actually think it's too "small". Although maybe small is not the right word, the length of it might be right vs the rest of the car but somehow it does not look beefy enough, compared to a GL for instance. Anyway, obviously not a deal-breaker since we still got the car and love it, but in my research the color did not have a material effect on my perception of the front.
i appreciate it but don't go out of your way... what i meant by the nose is that the vehicle seems to remind me of a bottle nose dolphin's head. long narrow nose attached to a big box:

·
Banned
763 Posts
i appreciate it but don't go out of your way... what i meant by the nose is that the vehicle seems to remind me of a bottle nose dolphin's head. long narrow nose attached to a big box:

Made me LOL. Personally, I think the back looks better than the front. I wish the front looked more like that of the XC60...it reminds me of the original XC90, but curvier. The new XC90 nose looks very...boxy. Reminds me of a mid-90s Suburban.

= not cool.

= cool.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
lol :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow, I've loved the walnut from the start, but the contrast against the blonde is really spectacular. In particular, below the Sensus and around the center console. Very nice!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Wow, I've loved the walnut from the start, but the contrast against the blonde is really spectacular. In particular, below the Sensus and around the center console. Very nice!
I agree. Out of all the interior colors, the walnut seems to go best with the blonde.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

YES! Exactly! That's what I was trying to say (however poorly), and so it seems we do share the same concern.
Like I said though, I didn't think any color made it particularly worse or better.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I like dolphins...always smiling. I believe I read that the XC60 will begin to look more like the new XC90 in future models.
I used to think the old Nissan Murano models looked like a pregnant athletic shoe...but they sold quite a few.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Nice, but don't wear blue jeans too much in it! Our amber interior is already showing noticeable darkening on the outside lip of seat within 1,500 miles.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nice, but don't wear blue jeans too much in it! Our amber interior is already showing noticeable darkening on the outside lip of seat within 1,500 miles.
Is this only the case with the Napa leather, or the regular leather as well?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts