SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to begin cataloguing pics of our reader's cars in our Galleries which are located in our Resources section. I will be breaking it down into the gallery subsections, and obviously we still need to build out galleries for those cars older than the 850. <P>If you want to submit a picture, please send the pic (at least 600X400 pixels in .jpg format to [email protected] Please also include your email address and your Swedespeed username as I will be including that information on the display page for each vehicle. <P>George

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean? Right now we have galleries for the S60, V70 II, S80, XC90, V70 XC, V70 I, V70 XC I, C70, S70, and 850. I'll be adding more to that over the next couple of weeks, including older cars. So yes, we have a 70-series gallery.<P>If you look at the way the newer gallery sections are laid out, such as the S60, I'll be adding a subsection called Reader's S60s for instance to that section. I'll lay it out much like I do the Fictional Volvos as far as the actual image, with an email link to the person's username underneath the picture. I just figure it'd be nice for us to see each other's cars, and help make our galleries more of a resource.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
George, can I mail (postal mail) you a picture to scan? The only good digital pic I have is actually in the Carlisle RWD gallery, and my car looks a bit different now.<P>

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Yeah....another GTG, that's a good idea. I just hope people don't ditch us again at the last minute.<P>I seriously think George takes some very good pictures. I tried to use some mid-end digital camera, but still didn't come as well as you did on yours. What's your secret?<P>So..when's next GTG?<BR>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lighting is one thing. Direct afternoon sunlight is a real pain, but early evening, early morning or overcast days are a very good starting point.<P>Adobe Photoshop also helps. You can correct the heck out of many photos simply by playing wiht the color balances, brightness, saturation and specific color balances....not to mention sharpness.<P>I shoot on a Kodak DC280, not a very high end camera. I bought it two years ago for $399, so it really isn't all that, but it's a very capable camera for the money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts