SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coastal,

Thanks, I really wanted the Thor wheels. I just didn't like the looks of the Orbits.

The actual locale is Coquitlam. It looks a lot like North Van but just not as ritzy.

Pat

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Iceman:
It looks a lot like North Van but just not as ritzy.
Pat
Not ritzy!? That's some awesome houses you guys have there.

No wonder they say Vancouver area is one of the best area to live.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ahh Coquitlam... would have been my second guess.

Looks like those rims would actually be easy to clean too. Hmmmm, wonder what they'd look like on an XC.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, we're lucky here in Vancouver. The houses in my area are relatively new. I think the oldest houses around here are only 15 years old or so. And, people definitely take care of their houses around here.

Coastal, so how do you like your XC? My wife and I are thinking about trading in the Explorer next year when the V70 AWD starts coming with the Haldex system.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm super happy with the XC.

When it came time to shop, there really wasn't anything else that I wanted. I toyed with the idea of a 2001.5 Passat 4mo for a while but when I found out it was going to take 4 months to deliver, I talked myself back into the XC, which I had been wanting all along.

Nice colour choices too. Here's a pic of mine

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Is that Polararctic Metallic or Silver Metallic?

Yannis

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Iceman,

Congrats and great looking car!
Those 'Thor' wheels look good. I see you have the rear mudflaps, did those come with the car? Have you considered getting ones for the front as well? BTW, now you can put a link to the pictures of your car in your signature.

-Drew

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yannis, if your asking about my S60 the colour is 426 Mystic Silver Metallic. The colour seems to go well with the Thor wheels.

Drew, the rear mud flaps do come standard with the car here in Canada which is odd because when I was speaking with the sales guy he didn't tell me this when I spoke to him about getting mud flaps all around.

The reason I didn't get the fronts was because he said they didn't look good on the vehicle. Now that I have it delivered I'm going to go talk to the parts guy and get a look at the front ones and maybe get them installed after my 1500km visit since the rear ones look great.

By the way, I just barely got in under the wire for my dealers first two years of scheduled maintenance for free. It expired at the end of February from what I've been told.

Pat

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I am sorry, I was asking about the XC posted here. I can tell that your beautiful AWD is Silver Metallic!

That's nice that the Canadian S60AWDs have rear mud flaps, standard. Here, they do not come with any.

Yannis

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Thors came as part of a package. The specific package was the Premium package with DSTC and the 17" Thor wheels. Amazingly the premium to get the Thors over the Orbits worked out to be only $500 CAD in the package.

Pat

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the prompt reply. I just bought the same color S60, but the dealer would not let me do an upgrade. I'm looking into getting some new 17 inch wheels. I really like the look of your Thors but the Tethys wheels are also great looking too. Do you have any rubbing of the tires? I have heard some people experiencing this with 17 inch wheels.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My salesman told me that the only way to get the Thors was to get the whole package. I haven't had any rubbing of the wheels on the inner wheel well that I have noticed. They seem to be fine.

Pat

1 - 16 of 16 Posts