SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we become a total Volvo family. We now have a S60 T5 and picking up the 2013 XC60 T6 today. See the dealer is smart and they gave us a XC60 while they powder coated my wife's rims (part of deal). New to the site so Hello everyone and thanks for help with the purchase.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Cool - and congrats. Although, TTIWWP.

(This thread is worthless without pictures).

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Today we become a total Volvo family. We now have a S60 T5 and picking up the 2013 XC60 T6 today. See the dealer is smart and they gave us a XC60 while they powder coated my wife's rims (part of deal). New to the site so Hello everyone and thanks for help with the purchase.
Excellent and congrats! Welcome aboard and we do appreciate your loyalty to the Volvo brand!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure how to add a picture. I must be missing something

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I was on the way to the dealer with about 900 miles on the new XC to pick up the cargo liner that had come in that day. When all of a sudden the dash tells me that the TPMS needs imediate service. I pull over thinking I have a flat tire. NOPE. So when I get to the dealer they (without question) pull it back into the bay and the TPMS sensor in the rear tire went bad. They fixed it washed the car and I was on my way. Not what I was expecting on a three week old car, but the service department was awesome. Before you ask it was Darrell Waltrip in Franklin, TN.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
DW Volvo has a great reputation. Great people to buy parts from as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picture of the new one

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Nice...........drive them both in good health...........

·
Registered
442 Posts
Looks fabuolus! That was actually my first color choice until I decided I wanted the off-black interior as well, at which point I switched to the Seashell exterior.

Drive it in good health! :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Definitely like that blue...my last two cars have been blue (guess I'm getting predictable).

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
looks nice! please continue to post your thoughts and impressions of the car please!

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have also become a first time Volvo family. Picked up 2013 XC60-R, Ice White in October. Had to order the car because there were none in that color with dual child seats.

Have made a few exterior styling changes: powder coated wheels, cityguard, running boards, window tint. Also, just received Polestar package with badge 2 weeks after registering online.

Has anyone tinted the tail lights on an XC60? Not real good at photoshop and wanted to see some photos before I went that way. Also dont want them too dark. Will post a photo soon.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Why would you want to reduce the effectiveness of the tail lights? This can be detrimental in case you drive through adverse conditions (i.e. fog, rain, snow, dust, etc).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tinted Tail lights

I actually am not concerned with losing the effectiveness of the tail lights. These tall tail lights can be seen from space IMO. Just want to tone them down a bit.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Congrats! Our recent 2012 XC60 made us a 2 Volvo family as well.

Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts