SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We picked up the T8 yesterday - what a beautiful SUV! First, let me say that the people at Volvo of Melbourne were EXCELLENT. Great staff, friendly, informative, and easy to deal with. The photo below is of the salesman going over everything with my wife, as it will be her vehicle. She says that she has lots to learn, but loves the color combination (white/Amber with black headliner).

We charged the battery last night, and realize that we will have to change the plug type on the 240V outlet we had installed, but no big deal. I did notice that the plug became pretty warm on the 120V outlet.

The drive back to the Orlando area from Melbourne was smooth and easy - we came through town at around 4:30 and Marcia kept shaking her hands as she hates traffic and was gripping the wheel so tightly, as she also was not familiar with the XC90. I looked over and we were going a little quicker than I thought between Melbourne and Orlando, as the ride was so smooth. We have the 21's and Air Suspension.

I HIGHLY recommend Volvo of Melbourne if anyone is anywhere close to them. Lauren is the internet sales manager.

Now let the fun....and learning about everything begin!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Melbourne Australia? Orlando Florida, USA? That is one long haul. :D
I bet you did not know that the T8 had a "Submarine" mode - it uses the battery to run underwater:cool:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:thumbup:great looking vehicle!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
congrads and welcome to the T8 family! (great looking car, too!)

·
Registered
492 Posts
I bet you did not know that the T8 had a "Submarine" mode - it uses the battery to run underwater:cool:
Hahahah LMAO :D

Congrats on the new ride!!!! Gorgeous!

·
Registered
36 Posts
We picked up the T8 yesterday - what a beautiful SUV! First, let me say that the people at Volvo of Melbourne were EXCELLENT. Great staff, friendly, informative, and easy to deal with. The photo below is of the salesman going over everything with my wife, as it will be her vehicle. She says that she has lots to learn, but loves the color combination (white/Amber with black headliner).

We charged the battery last night, and realize that we will have to change the plug type on the 240V outlet we had installed, but no big deal. I did notice that the plug became pretty warm on the 120V outlet.

The drive back to the Orlando area from Melbourne was smooth and easy - we came through town at around 4:30 and Marcia kept shaking her hands as she hates traffic and was gripping the wheel so tightly, as she also was not familiar with the XC90. I looked over and we were going a little quicker than I thought between Melbourne and Orlando, as the ride was so smooth. We have the 21's and Air Suspension.

I HIGHLY recommend Volvo of Melbourne if anyone is anywhere close to them. Lauren is the internet sales manager.

Now let the fun....and learning about everything begin!

Can you PM me. I live in Orlando too. Looking to order a 17 T6/T8. I was at Melbourne Volvo on SAT. Was curious about your experience, mpg, etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts