SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reviewing many replacement rotors for my VR, and not having the budget for a two-piece solution, I decided on getting an aftermarket set from DRT in Lowell, MA. Turns out they are ~20 minutes from my corporate office, so I placed an order and swung by this week to pick them up.
Ready to depart NJ to MA in a CamRy SE rental. Yeesh.

Welcome to DRT.

CNC machine.

Just finished cross-drilling an order and switched to slotting.

Finished process.

New metal and pads.

Carbon +Chromium +Molybdenum = High strength steel alloy

DRT truck.

Not-an-R loaded for ride back to NJ.

Woody and his team are a great bunch of guys, and very helpful in getting my order together. I recommend their services.

Just waiting for my Ti shims and I'll be ready for the track.
Note- I'm in sales and crank out the highway miles in the fast lane. I'm on my original rotors and second set of Volvo pads at 138kmiles, and my indy tells me they still have life left in them.
Lucky, I guess, as I've experienced no warping or weirdness. :thumbup:
Scott

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the photo tour of DRT too. Similar setup to what I just put on my caR, only I got my slotted rotors with black ceramic coated hats from Adam's Rotors here in Cali. I've been pretty happy with the rotors and Hawk HPS pads so far. Had just a little noise when they were first installed, but that went away when they got broken in a bit.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had just a little noise when they were first installed, but that went away when they got broken in a bit.
Thanks for the heads up. I suspected I might have some noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts