SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove it home 400 miles, so feel free to ask questions or request pics. Thanks!

- 2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country
- Birch Light Metallic
- Advanced Package
- Cross Country Pro Package
- Heated Steering Wheel and Rear Seats
- B&W Premium Sound
- 19" Wheels

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
:partywave:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am new here (just registered today) and considering a V60CC. This is one of the colors that I have in mind. It looks really nice! CONGRATS!

For how long did you have to wait? I am about to email my local Volvo dealer about my interest. I am afraid there is a loong wait list.

Cheers

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Did you try Pilot Assist?

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
Drove it home 400 miles, so feel free to ask questions or request pics. Thanks!

- 2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country
- Birch Light Metallic
- Advanced Package
- Cross Country Pro Package
- Heated Steering Wheel and Rear Seats
- B&W Premium Sound
- 19" Wheels

Nice wagon.

Steve Jobs has to be rolling in his grave. California finally has temporary license plates!!!! No more anonymity!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice! What was your experience with that dealer? The last two times I visited, not a single person came out to greet or assist me. After walking around for 20 minutes, I left and decided if I do end up buying a Volvo it wouldn’t be from them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congratulations, looks really good. I have mine already ordered.

·
Registered
667 Posts
How much did you pay for it? Do you have any previous experience owning Volvo Cross Country wagons, and if so, which one(s), and how would you compare this to that/those?

·
Registered
13,495 Posts
Beautiful car - congrats. That's the color I'm thinking of getting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you try Pilot Assist?

Used it practically the entire 400 miles home, amazing tech. Not sure how it compares to other manufacture's auto-pilot, but it was able to keep the lane and adjust speed on varying road surfaces and multiple types of lane markings. It was clearly displayed when the car detected a car in front to follow and when the car was controlling the steering. I was very impressed.

Avg'ed 30 mpg on the route in Eco mode, with cruise set to 10 over the limit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice wagon.

Steve Jobs has to be rolling in his grave. California finally has temporary license plates!!!! No more anonymity!!!!

LOL... No more toll evaders! Yes, as of Jan this year we have the temp tags. Was definitely an adjustment when I moved to CA 20 yrs ago and saw so many cars with no plates all the time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice! What was your experience with that dealer? The last two times I visited, not a single person came out to greet or assist me. After walking around for 20 minutes, I left and decided if I do end up buying a Volvo it wouldn’t be from them.

My experience was absolutely wonderful, although I didn't have to deal with a single salesperson!

For the fist time in my life I worked with an Auto Wholesaler, specifically Hammer Auto in the Bay Area. My experience could not have been more perfect. Contacted Hammer Auto with exact model, color and options I wanted and they found it in less than a day. They did all the negotiation with the dealer, and even though this model was brand new and this car was coming right off the ship, the price negotiated was under invoice. Out the door under MSRP. They even would have had the car shipped to me, but I was in the LA area over the holiday weekend and couldn't wait after I was notified the car arrived at the dealer on 7/2.

The Volvo dealer's wholesale guy and the "new car functions explainer" gentleman could not have been nicer. I was in and out of the dealership in less than 30 mins, with most of that for going over the Sensus, setting up Volvo on-call etc. Again, could not have been a better experience.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Beautiful!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
My experience was absolutely wonderful, although I didn't have to deal with a single salesperson!

For the fist time in my life I worked with an Auto Wholesaler, specifically Hammer Auto in the Bay Area. My experience could not have been more perfect. Contacted Hammer Auto with exact model, color and options I wanted and they found it in less than a day. They did all the negotiation with the dealer, and even though this model was brand new and this car was coming right off the ship, the price negotiated was under invoice. Out the door under MSRP. They even would have had the car shipped to me, but I was in the LA area over the holiday weekend and couldn't wait after I was notified the car arrived at the dealer on 7/2.

The Volvo dealer's wholesale guy and the "new car functions explainer" gentleman could not have been nicer. I was in and out of the dealership in less than 30 mins, with most of that for going over the Sensus, setting up Volvo on-call etc. Again, could not have been a better experience.
Is this buying service nationwide, or do you have to live in California?

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Used it practically the entire 400 miles home, amazing tech. Not sure how it compares to other manufacture's auto-pilot, but it was able to keep the lane and adjust speed on varying road surfaces and multiple types of lane markings. It was clearly displayed when the car detected a car in front to follow and when the car was controlling the steering. I was very impressed.

Thanks for sharing your experience. S/V60 is supposed to use a newer PA with map data about road curves. Do you see the car slows down when entering a curve and steering smoothly into and out of curve? PA on XC90/S90/V90/XC60/XC40 doesn't handle medium to sharp curves very well. It doesn't slow down, and goes out of lane.

·
Registered
121 Posts

Thanks for sharing your experience. S/V60 is supposed to use a newer PA with map data about road curves. Do you see the car slows down when entering a curve and steering smoothly into and out of curve? PA on XC90/S90/V90/XC60/XC40 doesn't handle medium to sharp curves very well. It doesn't slow down, and goes out of lane.
I don’t have pilot assist but I’m assuming lane keep assist works off the same software - compared to my wife’s Audi it is more advanced and able to handle medium to sharp curves pretty well. My wife’s Audi will attempt to correct, get flustered, give up and then go over the lines out of the lane inspiring zero confidence.

Even on the highway at 70-75 mph, around a medium curve is no problem. Sometimes, around a really sharp curve it will over correct and then have to correct back the other way.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
I don’t have pilot assist but I’m assuming lane keep assist works off the same software - compared to my wife’s Audi it is more advanced and able to handle medium to sharp curves pretty well. My wife’s Audi will attempt to correct, get flustered, give up and then go over the lines out of the lane inspiring zero confidence.

Even on the highway at 70-75 mph, around a medium curve is no problem. Sometimes, around a really sharp curve it will over correct and then have to correct back the other way.
LKA seems doing nothing to me in XC60 other than shaking the steering. Looks like S60/V60 is improved a lot. Your LKA works like PA to me. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It seemed to handle the stretch of road below just fine with PA on the entire time. I adjusted my speed to the speed limit with the cruise +/- buttons while PA was on, so I don't remember if it tried to slow down around any of the tight mtn turns, but it took the turns just fine and stayed in the lanes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts