SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I think its done in the name of safety, or should it be "safety" I wonder. Entering a checkpoint at night sucks since 0 is also technically 1 unless you get the software override from the dealer. You have to go to parking lights only but that is also the only setting where the lights don't go off when the key is removed, which is how one drains a battery. Other makes like Subaru and Ford figured out that off is off and that when given the choice, safety-conscious are just fine leaving it in 1 all the time when they know the light will turn off automatically. This is like the only time in my car that Volvo has overridden my ability to make wise decisions on my own and yes its a crap "feature" that you have to pay to remove.

·
Registered
17,718 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Legal?

·
Registered
17,718 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Got the new headlight and windshield wipers installed as well as the dog cage struts.
Seems to be a tight fit with both the dog cage and the rear facing seats.
Truth be told I kind of wish I didn't have the rear facing seats. I am pretty sure it was a dealer installed option since I do not have a lock cylinder in the hatch.

·
Registered
17,420 Posts
I should finish mine. I picked it up for a song and need to clean, prep and paint it off black and take the struts out of saved items at FCP and just buy them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
In most cars that have back lit areas of the dash such as the odometer and any LCD/LED message centers it is brighter in the daytime so it is visible and dims when the headlights are on so as to not dazzle you at night.
With the V70 having the headlights on all the time it seems that the message center and odometer backlighting is permanently dim and at least to me, not readable in the daytime.
Anything I can do here? Is my light switch just bad?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts