SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at a Chevy dealership now and have full access to lifts and alignment racks. What would be the most cost effective/most benefit work that I could do since I have lift access?

The only s40 m66 in Wyoming

·
Registered
87 Posts
I work at a Chevy dealership now and have full access to lifts and alignment racks. What would be the most cost effective/most benefit work that I could do since I have lift access?

The only s40 m66 in Wyoming
Ipd HD Flux Capacitor for increased torque. I can't hit the speed of light fast enough to go back time.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Downpipe....The ECM tune makes a big difference (I had Elevate and it worked great). after the tune, an intake and cat back have increases but does not benefit with a remapping of the ECM or going up to a stage 2 tune. The DP does, the DP makes enough of a difference that the S40 will benefit further than a stock tune. The next level beyond a DP is to a bigger turbo, I have no experience with this but from the little homework that I've done, it also requires larger injectors meaning more fuel consumption which is what I didn't want. The cat-back exhaust makes it sound better and I'm sure it adds some power, I did mine when I did the DP.

The lower torque mount is also beneficial as well as the single mass flywheel and S60R clutch. good luck!

Also, you wont see a major power increase, but I found the CBV to be a necessity.

As far as items that don't need a lift, the intercooler is a noticeable difference in the summer.

·
Registered
315 Posts
A friken auto start! 11th Alaskan winter and still nobody can install an auto starter in my beater with a heater S-40!

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'd say a rear sway bar is pretty cost-effective. Easy install too, provided you don't use the Moog Asian-style end links (turned a 1hr job into 6hrs).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts