SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a custom exhaust next week and i wanted some pics on the car from the back and the name/where u bought the tip so i can get an idea of what looks good with our cars thanks all i have an 04 with no kit on it but all pics would help

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Re: (kmagnuss)

Quote, originally posted by kmagnuss »
Why are you calling all of us exhaust tips? And why do you want pics of us? That's just weird man.

Are you related to JRL????

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: (kmagnuss)

Quote, originally posted by kmagnuss »
On another website, far, far away...I am worse than JRL.

Kmagnuss you make me laugh, I like you.

Pic of my tip, no not that one you sicko...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol we have a comedian but back on topic pirate that is a true dual tip correct? and would theer be a downside in using a single inlet to a dual outlet tip cause i am going to be running a single pipe insted of two out the back like the stock R has

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: (97GLTbrick)

Yes this is a true dual tip just like stock, but bigger.

There should not be any problem running a single pipe that splits into a dual tip.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Re: (850arrrsaylikepirate)

Quote, originally posted by 850arrrsaylikepirate »

There should not be any problem running a single pipe that splits into a dual tip.

Hold up a sec...wasn't there some post recently with a YouTube video illustrating a whistling effect from a 1 to 2 exhaust tip? Alarm bells are ringing in my head on this one....
I just remember laughing like crazy at the whistling exhaust, and IIRC it was due to a single pipe going to a dual tip? Anywho, just my $0.02.

Cheers!!

-Steve

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the reply i also thought i might have heard that awhile back ill try to do a lil morre research thanks for the 2 cents much apreciated

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: (FORD420diesel)

Quote, originally posted by FORD420diesel »

Hold up a sec...wasn't there some post recently with a YouTube video illustrating a whistling effect from a 1 to 2 exhaust tip? Alarm bells are ringing in my head on this one....
I just remember laughing like crazy at the whistling exhaust, and IIRC it was due to a single pipe going to a dual tip? Anywho, just my $0.02.

Cheers!!

-Steve

Now that you mention it, I faintly remember this coming up. It was awhile ago, was it the setup with the dual exhaust that also had the twin tip split?

·
Registered
926 Posts

This is recently re-surfaced in the Phuz exhaust thread:

Quote, originally posted by JoeLvo »

Quote, originally posted by AaronSoto »
That dual-tip option from Magnaflow that splits is NOT good on a 3" exhaust, I tried it. It whistles/screams like a banshee when at WOT, I posted a YouTube video to demonstrate a long time ago. The air constricts to the 2.5" opening (which I cut back as much as possible) before hitting the splitter, which causes the whistle.

See....

-Aaron

Very true. Independent verification succesful with EAX and his dual setup with this dual tip. His whistled like crazy too. This tip should be a no-no, but another dual tip that doesn't whistle would be :cough: excellent.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Those slash cut non-rolled tips on the TME exhaust are just fantastic.
I don't want the exhaust but I'd love to have the slip-on tips installed just for looks.
We don't care for more sound at this point.
*drool*

·
Registered
2,023 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 850arrrsaylikepirate »

Now that you mention it, I faintly remember this coming up. It was awhile ago, was it the setup with the dual exhaust that also had the twin tip split?

yea...here is the video.

Its just for decoration, thats it...and thats all.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Re: Pic Request need pics of you exhaust tips (veilsidez)

Quote, originally posted by veilsidez »
That is my custom made exhaust tips on a TME exhaust.

That's f#$ing money!

What a great color, too. Custom?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Pic Request need pics of you exhaust tips (veilsidez)

veilsidez How did you get that tip onto a tme exhaust isnt the tme a dual pipe setup or is yours custom if so may i see pics

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.