SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take a bit of polishing compund and a good quality microfiber towel and rug gently. You have to treat those plastic area like exterior paint. Start with a light compund and work your weay up to high grades to get the desired finish. Aslo try using some IPA and distilled water. It may just be some residual residue from the sprays your using. Alot have waxes and or other types of sealants that are reacting with your trim.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Once polished back to new, try using a protective coating like Ceramic Pro on them... should keep them from getting the swirl marks easily.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
WELL MINE WAS NOT SCRATHES
More like hazing. Managed to take them off with Autoglym Fast Glass for glasses.
Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Take a bit of polishing compund and a good quality microfiber towel and rug gently. You have to treat those plastic area like exterior paint. Start with a light compund and work your weay up to high grades to get the desired finish. Aslo try using some IPA and distilled water. It may just be some residual residue from the sprays your using. Alot have waxes and or other types of sealants that are reacting with your trim.
I seen this on other cars and used the above methodology to eradicate.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Once polished back to new, try using a protective coating like Ceramic Pro on them... should keep them from getting the swirl marks easily.

Another bit of sound advice.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I wonder if it is COVID sanitizing at the dealer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
THIS.

I have some weird **** on my aluminum trim in my car and 100% it was the covid **** they put on there. and I guarantee whatever snakewater they were sold by the local cleaning company doesn't do crap to get rid of covid.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts