SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 07 S60 2.5T I have re-set this thing a few times before using the method that IPD and some other place on Youtube gave me. I never had a problem before when doing it. I know I am following the procedure for this simple task but it will not re-set. After I hear the audible beep and the trip goes to zeroes, I release the trip button in less than 4 secs and the dim shows #45 for a few secs and then it goes to a message that says "Time for regular maintenance" I know about the position 1 for 2 secs and switching to poss 2 and waiting for the beep and then releasing in less than 4secs!!! I know all that stuff. WTF? And the ****ty part is that I don't have Vida/Dice.
There are no other messages on the dim and the car is more than 100% up to date with maintenance. I would hate to take this thing to a dealership to knock out this annoying reminder. Any clues???

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
How many times in a row did you try? I know the steps change if you screw up once and try it again when the trip odo is already all zeros.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Put key in position 1. Next hold the trip button. While holding the trip button turn the key to position 2. From the time you turn the key start counting 10 seconds. When you get to 10 release the trip button and you should hear the audible beep meaning it's reset

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is what I do. I get the beep then turn off the key and then remove the key. Then the #45 shows up on the dim for about 2 seconds and then the service reminder pops up again. I wish I had Vida. The old lady wont let me get it yet. I could just get it anyway but I don't want to get any **** from her for getting it!!! Is anybody around S.Jersey that has Vida help me out???

·
Registered
591 Posts
That is what I do. I get the beep then turn off the key and then remove the key. Then the #45 shows up on the dim for about 2 seconds and then the service reminder pops up again. I wish I had Vida. The old lady wont let me get it yet. I could just get it anyway but I don't want to get any **** from her for getting it!!! Is anybody around S.Jersey that has Vida help me out???
Did you sort this out? I just saw this, but I can help you with VIDA. I'm in Burlington NJ.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes.I did get this sorted out.What I found out is that you not only need to hear the beep but you also have to see the yellow light flash before removing your finger on the re-set thing.
I did pm you months ago about checking out your vida.You were busy moving at that time I think and ya didn't ever get back to me once ya got settled.Remember???

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes.I did get this sorted out.What I found out is that you not only need to hear the beep but you also have to see the yellow light flash before removing your finger on the re-set thing.
I did pm you months ago about checking out your vida.You were busy moving at that time I think and ya didn't ever get back to me once ya got settled.Remember???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts