SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phuzzy TCV
I've had a Phuzzy TCV for over a year now, no CELs, no problems. The small inline fuel filter is to control boost gauge flutter. I made a small mounting point with some spare Al stock and used new 4mm silicone tubing. From the TCV to the boost gauge is a single piece:

Really great product, Matt is/was very helpful and I highly recommend Phuzzy.

Engine Bay Dress Up
Stock:

A few months after buying the car used I did some quick repainting on various pieces:

The work wasn't done that well and after 18 months it was time to repaint. Several coats of high-temp spray later, it looks pretty nice:

Ignore the OTE pipe, it's getting redone this weekend when I install new engine and tranny mounts.

My wife asked why I was painting the engine, and I explained it was like getting a Brazillian. Probably, only you, your partner and your doctor (mechanic) will see it. However, it makes you feel nice going down the road that things look nice "down there". I think she got it.
n23

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Don't understand having a K&N filter sticker, as they're not a cool company to advertise for... and I've never gotten the whole air box window because it takes 5 minutes to remove the top, but that engine bay is wayyy cleaner than mine.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't understand having a K&N filter sticker, as they're not a cool company to advertise for... and I've never gotten the whole air box window because it takes 5 minutes to remove the top, but that engine bay is wayyy cleaner than mine.
I suppose we feel differently - my K&N has been fine. I don't know if I'm advertising for them necessarily - it's inside the engine bay afterall. My neighbor's K&N sticker is on his bumper, that's not my style. The air box window doesn't necessarily make sense but the whole car thing is a hobby and after 5 beers some things start making sense when at 1 beer they didn't.

Doesn't hurt anything and I can see the state of the filter.

Thanks Dougy!

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
looks really good.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way (either of you) but that engine bay is dirty as balls! Mine is just about as clean as it could be, without taking Q-tips and getting every little crack and crevice. Go get some magic erasers, and get a bucket with soap and water.. Just clean every speck of dust off all visible surfaces.. It takes maybe an hour and the results are awesome.

Bad photo, but it's clean as ****. I even removed all the bolts over the radiator and lights, used a wire wheel and painted them black so they didn't look trashy.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wash your engine bay! And waaaaaaaaah... that colour you painted is horrible. :S

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I don't love the color you painted, but it is way better than the guys who repaint the thing Silver. You also need to paint the timing cover to match what you did on top.

·
Registered
514 Posts
My wife asked why I was painting the engine, and I explained it was like getting a Brazillian. Probably, only you, your partner and your doctor (mechanic) will see it. However, it makes you feel nice going down the road that things look nice "down there". I think she got it.
Perfect explanation for the wife!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't take this the wrong way (either of you) but that engine bay is dirty as balls! ]
You know what's funny, I actually didn't make any effort to clean the engine bay at all. I just pulled the parts off, painted them, then reinstalled. I should clean it though!

Thanks for the advice everyone else. I would have painted the timing belt cover too but the bolt holding it on was too painful to remove. Maybe I'll try again this weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts