SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pondering whether to get the load carrier bars for my Inscription, which of course has the low-profile rails on the roof.

Other than the stock photo of the load carrier bars that you see on the Volvo parts website, like this one...

...Does anyone with an Inscription have the load carrier bars that could post a photo of what they look like installed on the vehicle?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look at you, drool, with your ability to "search the forums" for previous posts. Thanks!! ;)
I guess I should have tried that, because I vaguely remembered seeing some on here.

If anyone else has some pics, though, please post them!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ha! Just putting one of my many invaluable skills to work!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, yeah! This one, too. Thanks, VolvoXC90Inscription!

I took the liberty of grabbing the links to your cross-bar pics and posting them here, but if you are someone looking at these pics, definitely go check out his detailed review of the car over several weeks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've posted quite a few in a couple spots... Tell me what angle you want and I will grab it, though my bars are about to come off for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, B-1, drool6 posted a link to one of your posts where there are some pics. If you have one from standing up near the front left wheel, maybe 1.5m from the front of the car, that would be cool.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ask and hy shall have... It's early morning here before work...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome! Thanks!

And what a beautIful home!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
I am starting to investigate the ski rack options. I already have the original load carriers installed (pic above).

Volvo has three different ski holders: aluminium sliding, aluminium, regular. The first and the last one require the purchase of an installation kit for T-track as per the volvo website.
http://accessories.volvocars.com/en...ck-n-load/2016#section_sport-equipment-holder

Anybody knows any online installation instructions for T tracks or for these ski holders? I just don't want to buy something that will not fit.

I assume there are no XC90 pics yet with any of these ski holders installed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are the front and back bars the exact same part? The pictures from Volvo and users I've seen appear that the rear bar has a slighly larger black plastic part (the part with the lock on it) with a larger angle while the front bar part (with the lock on it) looks like it has a smaller and less angled profile.

UPDATE: Based on the iconography under the locked cover which shows which part is for the front and back, it looks like I have the correct bars. The front bar was presumably installed backwards and I was able to rotate it 180 degrees easily and it fit right in place, no issues.

Does anyone have a PDF of the instructions? The text under the cover says "Rotate to CLICK" but I'm not sure what that means. Maybe it means keep rotating tight enough for it to click instead of turn, but I didn't want to over tighten the plastic parts so I stopped before I heard any click. :/

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does anyone have a PDF of the instructions? The text under the cover says "Rotate to CLICK" but I'm not sure what that means. Maybe it means keep rotating tight enough for it to click instead of turn, but I didn't want to over tighten the plastic parts so I stopped before I heard any click. :/
Keep turning until the knob clicks. Then you'll know they're tight enough.

I don't think the orientation of the bar matters. The graphic only shows you which bar goes on the front of the car and which on the back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts