SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a quick photoshoot of my S80 today just to show off how incredible its condition is even after 200k miles of year-round driving. Volvo's paint and body work is truly second to none, and the ember black color is incredible. If you haven't seen this color in person, check it out the next time you're at the Volvo dealership. The car looks an entirely different color in direct sunlight.

This car is BY FAR the greatest vehicle I've ever owned, or even driven. It is on-par with, or better than the German cars in its class. It's a shame that people tend to avoid Volvos since the name doesnt seem to have the came cachet as BMW or Audi. However, it does make cars like ours seem a little more exclusive. I know that I would never be able to replace my car with something else that has the same features and comfort without spending three times what I paid for this car -- at least!

Close-up show the detail of Ember Black:

·
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is a bump because i LOVE my Volvo!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Always encouraging to see your car with 200k clocked and still running strong and looking great.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Beautiful car!

·
Registered
510 Posts
In my search for info on lowering springs for the S80, I came across this. Bumping for some discussion.

I know this is a couple of years on and Mike has moved to the 19" Bors which makes the car look even lowered however, with this winter storm we just had in the north east and mid-atlantic I have been giving some thought as to how I would want to change the ride height and upsize the tires to 245/45 -18s for a bit more handling and comfort. I checked out Viva and see they have a set of Heico springs that drop an inch compared to the H&R 1.4/1.3, Elevate drops 1.5/1.4, B&G is 1.4/1.4. Want to get some info from folks running these setups with and without upsizing the tires to aid me in deciding which way to go. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have the B&G springs with 18" snow tires. I'm running the 245/45 setup. I'll post some pictures later today if I get a chance. The ride is pretty stiff on my S80. I think it's because the height sensors are reading along the limits of the sensor (0.5v and 4.45v) and that's causing the struts to stiffen up. I'm planning on adjusting the sensors and redoing a SUM calibration to see if it helps.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Looking forward to seeing them. Although, I'm hoping to see photos from folks with other setups as well. Don't want the ride to be stiff which is why I thought about the Heico springs but they are pricier than the rest. Certainly don't want that slammed look but want better overall handling performance. Will need to get new shocks for the rear as well do the IPD sway bar, end links and upsize the tires. I haven't done this much to a car in a long time but I look forward to the finished product.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The best handling I've had so far was with the stock springs and the IPD rear sway bar, with 4C set to advanced. It felt nice! I wish I can get that ride quality back!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts