SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
Prior XC60 owner here that, as of two days ago, is now the proud parent of a brand new XC90! (Inscription, osmium grey, all the packages except air suspension and CarPlay) Absolutely loving the car thus far, and certainly the nicest, highest-tech ride I've owned. I have a question for folks:

Has anyone found an innovative place to hold their phone while they drive? I like the divot in the front of the center counsel (below the Sensus) but the angle is a bit tough to see and worse, I can't use it when I have my lightening plug in. I'm looking for a nicer way to mount my iPhone 6, but don't want to block too much of the gorgeous dash and I'm not a windshield mount kind of guy. I'm thinking of taking an iPhone stand with the lightening port sticking up and shaving it down so that it fits in that front pocket, although that is pushing the bounds of my handy'ness. Anyone else doing some interesting to mount their phone?

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I posted this in is another thread on the subject. I didn't reply earlier because from your description you will not like it but here it is anyways.

Ask and ye' shall receive, lol.

Mine is not anything great, but it puts the phone where I want it for watching live tv/news broadcasts while waiting for my wife/son and in the car. (I have unlimited data on my phones plan)

You can see once plugged into the USB port in the center console you just have to tuck the wire under the lip and run it around, under the steering column, and then up the door jam into the corner of the A pillar. The mount is easily removable and can be taken into other vehicles if need be. I took it with me to two trips to Orlando. Also, the square of steel is supposed to mount to the phone that allows it to 'stick' to the magnet in the holder on the windshield... I just taped it to the inside of my phones case and then put the phone in the case. That was it isn't actually stuck to the phone itself.

Mount flipped up to magnetically hold phone:

Here's the mount flipped down, which I never do, but if some people like it a bit more 'out of the way' when not in use...

Here's what it looks like with my iPhone 6 Plus mounted on it (yes, it is a pretty big phone so keep that in mind)

Only part of the cable that is seen as it comes out of the center console, the rest is tucked under all the way to the next pic

And here you can see just a little bit of the wire as it is tucked in the door jam as it runs up to the dash (sorry for not rotating the picture):

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sorry for missing that other thread!

Rockroc,
If I were going with an air vent mount, I'd use the Kenu mount. It's a bit smaller than that.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
Sorry for missing that other thread!

Rockroc,
If I were going with an air vent mount, I'd just the Kenu mount. It's a bit smaller than that.
I second the Kenu Airframe. I have several in various vehicles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered the TechMatte MagGrip Air Vent Magnetic Universal Car Mount Holder from Amazon. It's fantastic. Small, barely noticeable if not using it, and cheap ($7.99) with fast Prime delivery. The magnetic rectangle you just slip in between your phone and case is totally unnoticeable under the case. And it holds really well. Totally satisfied.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts