SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious what the blank button to the top left of the arrows on the waterfall was and it appears to be a phone. I have an 05 with no phone and was curious if anybody has this blank and has made it functional.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Mine is just a dead button, nothing printed on it, and it doesn't press in. I always wondered why Volvo decided to give this thing a full 10 key, I suppose this is why?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess, everybody who gets in my car the first time asks me if I have a phone in the car. Mine is also a dead button but I'm going to be installing a couple different electronics and was thinking of putting the button to use some how.
I'm thinking somewhere, somehow; somebody has done something with this and I'm curious the reason and result.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
The button backs right up to a button plate for all the other buttons, so you'd have to be careful with installing anything.

I've been half tempted to get a little phone decal to stick over that button. When someone asks if I have a phone in the car, I'll say yes and take it out of my pocket. ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"I've been half tempted to get a little phone decal to stick over that button. When someone asks if I have a phone in the car, I'll say yes and take it out of my pocket. ;)"

LOL, I took that apart when I vinyled the waterfall, amazing how dirty the PO had everything...... but yes, ANYTHING done is going to be done as cautiously and OEM looking as possible.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
This phone button is the epidemic of featurism. I can't tell you how many times I have sat in meetings with clients when during design development they talk over features, what to offer, what not to offer. They end up designing for a product that will never exist. 99% of the time it ends up as empty promises. Just decide what you want to put in their nothing less, nothing more! . . . on the bright side it sometime gives us a empty spot for our mods :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts