SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the IPD installation shop here, and they told me they could not install the CAI with the phMIC cuz the pipes coming out of the end tanks are in front of the fog light grilles... I did a quick search here and saw that someone had done a dual CAI with the same intercooler, indicating it can be done.
Anyone in the PDX area that has done this before wanna help me put dual CAI on my car? There are some beers in it for ya.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: phMIC + R Kelly CAI = No Go? ("R" Kelly)

So, I don't need to take the bumper off?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: phMIC + R Kelly CAI = No Go? (chrizzis)

I was looking at the installation instructions. Can you rotate the funnel 180? Is something in the way on the outer side of the funnel area?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: phMIC + R Kelly CAI = No Go? (phuz)

2 days ago, I did a dry run with the hose. It works -- you have to go over the pipe going into the end tank. I'll be cutting the funnel up and putting the CAI in after this rain stops... And I thought summer was actually here to stay.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: phMIC + R Kelly CAI = No Go? (chrizzis)

It's in. I had to cut a wedge out of the funnel so I could fold it upward, and duct tape it together with black tape. It looks a bit ghetto, but you can't see it if you aren't looking for it. I took the sock off the air filter too. Why do they put that on the stock filter? Whet purpose does it serve? Less turbulence for the MAF sensor?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.