SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the such frequent posts, I was reading through here and found this (https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...bility-amp-Torque-Limiter-Removal-Experiences) thread about torque limiter removal, but I was moreso paying attention to the people talking about a trans cooler.

This is the cooler that they were referencing (https://www.amazon.ca/Hayden-Automo...ssion cooler&tag=vs-swedespeed-convert-cdn-20)

I want to know what the purposes for it would be. I do NOT plan on removing my torque limiter at any point(unless it's something relatively cheap without affecting the transmissions longevity too bad), I just want to know if this cooler is something that I might want to look into eventually. Also something to mention is that my transmission is not overheating or acting strange at all. IIRC the previous owner had the trans pulled out and looked at recently before I bought it and the shop said it was in great condition.

I'm very new to the Volvo community and am trying to find out as much as I can about my car. Any extra relevant or not advice or tips is greatly appreciated. These Phase 1's don't seem to have the same kind of following like other models seem to.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I used to own a 2001 P1 S40 before my current P2 S60, and there is quite a following of them... The S40 of that generation is nice in that it comes factory with a pretty decent standalone trans cooler. It's mounted right alongside the intercooler on the passenger side of it, but is NOT part of the radiator like they are on so many other cars including my S60. Unless you need something more efficient than the factory one, I wouldn't even think further about an aftermarket one. I've included a picture of it and you'll see what I'm referring to with the stock factory cooler. Hope this eases your mind about it.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts