SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Suddenly within the last couple of days, I'm not able to lock/unlock the vehicle just by touching/opening the lock handle. The remote PCC seems to work fine when pressing the buttons to lock/unlock, and there is no message on the in-car display showing that the PCC's batteries need to be replaced. The manual stipulates that this may be a sign of poor PCC battery performance, but it also says that there may be a message to replace batteries.

I've purchase the car used, and don't know when the last time the batteries were replaced in the PCC or for that matter how long they should last in this car.

Any insight?
Thanks.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Not sure how long the battery in these things last however, I would start there and see if it resolves the issue.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
What year? Theres a TJ for unresponsive door handles for 2011-2013 I believe. Something to do with paint thickness.

EDIT: Found it. This is for a '12:

Service Bulletin No.: TJ-27762
Component(s): LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES NHTSA ID Number: 10052414
All Products Associated with this Service Bulletin expand
Details close
0 Associated Documents
Manufacturer: Volvo Car USA LLC
SUMMARY:
VOLVO: ON SOME VEHICLES, DUE TO INCONSISTENT PAINT THICKNESS ON OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE, THE KEYLESS ENTRY/LOCKING SYSTEM MAY NOT WORK CORRECTLY, BECAUSE OF THE POOR RECEPTION FOR SENSOR. MODELS 2012 S60. *PE
Request Research help

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try the batteries first, as it seemed that the system worked well for the past few months I had the vehicle (2011 MY).

Thanks all.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Interesting, you mention this topic, a few days ago my front passenger door stopped working too. However the other 3 doors still work. My issue might be slightly different than yours since the other doors work, but its going to the dealership next week so they can check it out. Ill post results of findings. good luck!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I'll try the batteries first, as it seemed that the system worked well for the past few months I had the vehicle (2011 MY).

Thanks all.
Theres a TJ for 2011 too:

Service Bulletin No.: TJ-26520
Component(s): LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES NHTSA ID Number: 10051584
Details close
0 Associated Documents
SUMMARY:
VOLVO: NO OR INTERMITTENT UNLOCKING FUNCTION FROM DOOR HANDLES (S60 W/ KEYLESS DRIVE). REPLACE THE CONNETOR ON THE AFFECTED DOOR (S) ACCORDING TO THE ATTACHMENT W/ EXTENSION CABLES. *JS UPDATED 4/22/14. *PE
Request Research help

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners...ria.make=VOLVO&searchCriteria.prod_ids=981811

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have started having the same issue a ~ week ago. Also bought my car pre-owned. It's a 2013. All my door handles are now less responsive. I dress the same way and carry my key in the very same pocket I always have. Timing coincides with weather getting colder, so I was thinking that may perhaps have something to do with it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got a 15.5 and am suffering the same issue. My passenger side rear door works 1/10 times and sometimes not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 2015 and i started having an issue with just the drivers door. Took it in and they replaced the reciever and the module and works great now. Dealer was great ( JP Volvo of Surrey ). No questons asked

·
Registered
71 Posts
What year? Theres a TJ for unresponsive door handles for 2011-2013 I believe. Something to do with paint thickness.

EDIT: Found it. This is for a '12:

Service Bulletin No.: TJ-27762
Component(s): LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES NHTSA ID Number: 10052414
Details close
0 Associated Documents
SUMMARY:
VOLVO: ON SOME VEHICLES, DUE TO INCONSISTENT PAINT THICKNESS ON OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE, THE KEYLESS ENTRY/LOCKING SYSTEM MAY NOT WORK CORRECTLY, BECAUSE OF THE POOR RECEPTION FOR SENSOR. MODELS 2012 S60. *PE
Request Research help
Very interesting - thanks for sharing. I just purchased a 2012 CPO S60 T6 and didn't notice that the handles were not locking / unlocking the car. The info you posted should be very helpful in getting it resolved. One quick question - do you know what "TJ" stands for?

Thanks again,

E.Jones

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi all,

Suddenly within the last couple of days, I'm not able to lock/unlock the vehicle just by touching/opening the lock handle. The remote PCC seems to work fine when pressing the buttons to lock/unlock, and there is no message on the in-car display showing that the PCC's batteries need to be replaced. The manual stipulates that this may be a sign of poor PCC battery performance, but it also says that there may be a message to replace batteries.

I've purchase the car used, and don't know when the last time the batteries were replaced in the PCC or for that matter how long they should last in this car.

Any insight?
Thanks.
Mine does this all the time. Extended warranty replaced the sensors / electronics in the handles. Now my drivers door stopped. So after i get this one fixed, 4/4 will have been replaced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts