SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, as a few of you may remember, I posted a while back asking for suggestions about my mom getting a new car and I'd like to thank you all for your responses. They haven't really made a final decision yet, but I was telling them they should give me a few grand and I'd contribute a few grand and get me a car first before they bought my mom a new one. It was a good try, but didn't work very well. http://********************/smile/emsmile.gif So, I was talking with my dad today when my neighbor, my dad and I were trying to fix our riding lawn mower. My neighbor recently purchased a '99 540i with only 22k miles. When that came up for conversation, I asked how my dad would feel if I would put a 5.0 Ford V8 in his 944. I told him the cost and that I would pay for it all. He laughed at the notion because he really likes the car as it is and jokingly said, you can do it to your mother's car, a 1991 945. I told him okay, and he said deal. I told him that I have 2 grand right now and that I would only ask them to contribute about 3 or 4 and it would be less because I would have saved more by the time they have purchased my moms new car and are ready to buy me one. My dad is very serious, I think he likes the idea because he wouldn't have to put as much money in as he would if he bought me a used car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts