SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Was curious to know if there are any options out there to upgrade the 3.0L at 325/354, closer to perhaps the level of the Polestar model at 350/369?
I see that RICA has an offering to improve the Polestar even further, but was hoping the Polestar tuned R-Design had an option for more as well?
Thank you.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would suggest the search button. This is a very popular topic with multiple threads already. The most recent one being the performance intercooler that has sparked a potential group buy from ViVa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
You can find plenty of threads relating to power gains but if you really are interested in getting close to the P*'s performance you better be ready to spend a lot of money of chassis upgrades and then still not get there because you can't get the software. The majority of the work on the P*'s was done on the suspension and the brakes. The power gains are pretty modest and are achieved through a larger turbo, intercooler, revised exhaust system and software. The major changes have to do with the Ohlins dampers, Brembo brakes, Carbon Fiber Strut Bar and Haldex tuning. The chassis is a full 80% stiffer than the R Design.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm doing an OSD delivery and I wanted to go by Heiko to see what they have.
They sent me an email with some stats:

H2009684E // HEICO SPORTIV e.motion® advanced S60 (134) T6 MY 11-14 // 1.990,76€
Installation 10 AW (1hour) // 131,00€

Details
Only for vehicles with 325hp stock
EC90/B6304T4
+ 35PS (26kW)
+ 60Nm
- 250km/h
- 0,8s (0-100km/h)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Search the forums for the group buy that's currently going on...the ferrita downpipe and do88 intercooler are theorized to add a sizeable amount of power on top of the r-design's 325hp.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
There are several bolt-ons available, DP, cat-back, FMIC, air filter. You can also have your K16 reworked, the compressor housing would have to be re-profiled to fit a larger compressor wheel, I'm pretty sure this is what Polestar did, they just reworked a K16, it's not actually a "larger" turbo, just one that's been tweaked to flow more. Tuning is problematic, because of the pin code, you can't upload a tune via the OBD II port on a P3.
The tuner has to have your CPU in hand, which means you have to take it out of your car and send it to them. Pain in the but. Tuners might figure a way to circumvent this, maybe not. IPD is a not that far away from me, if MTE comes out with a tune, I'll just drive down there. I am not taking the CPU out of my car and mailing it to RICA, the only option right now for a P, and waiting for it to get there and back, reinstall it and hope all is well.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the helpful info; gives me a few good Stage I and II ideas...It will be interesting in the future with Polestar now owned by Volvo. Fast (and Safe) Volvos are the way to go...Thanks.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Jeffrey Bell is getting some very good results by bolting on a Polestar turbo and intercooler to his XC60 T6 with the 325hp Polestar tune. ( thread on Facebook ) 320whp with 364 ft/lbs of torque. With a 20% drivetrain loss estimate, crank HP would be about 380hp. I need to find a local dyno to see what my RD is putting down.

Dyno results vary for many reasons as well as their calibrations so numbers may be higher or lower. We'll need more data points to get to a number or range most will agree is accurate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It sure is a pain to try and join that facebook group. It seems I'm not good enough to actually get added. Would you post some more details on the setup that guy has?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts