SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 XC90 T6 with polestar. Thinking of adding Race Chip GTS tuner. Has anyone added another tune on top of already having polestar? What is everyone doing to add a little more power to the T6? TIA

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Sounds interesting and pretty affordable. I would want to talk with them to see what they are doing. It sounds like they adjust the turbo as well as some other parameters. Not sure it would add on to Polestar. Let us know what you do. Thanks

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Do a search. It's been discussed in-depth.

It should be avoided.
So where has Race Chip Tuner been discussed in-depth?

·
Registered
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
641 Posts
I did confirm the Heico tuning module works with Polestar... but you have to splice into the ECU harness to install it which was a no-go for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Look like this car just added race chip to stock and not to a car with polestar already installed.
Ha, why would think adding a RaceChip piggyback (alters the MAP sensor signal) to an existing tune (P*) would somehow yield a better result? By that logic, you should wire several RaceChips inline for infinite gains.

But, I get it, reading is hard. To summarize:

One person with P* and one without P* installed a RaceChip piggyback controller. Both came to the same conclusion - RaceChip (and all MAP signal piggybacks) sucks because it throws codes and causes erratic performance (lean burn at high load).

·
Registered
228 Posts
I did confirm the Heico tuning module works with Polestar... but you have to splice into the ECU harness to install it which was a no-go for me.
I know this is about a T6, but being the same ICE engine - the Heico e.sport tune adds 37hp to the T8 (where the Polestar adds 15 hp). Sounds like adding the Heico tune to a US spec Polestar Engineered T8 would give you a total of 437 hp... right?

https://www.heicosportiv.de/en/mode...e-technology/power-upgrade/produktdetail/4847

Heico is pricey, but their gains seems a lot more realistic than RaceChip.

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ha, why would think adding a RaceChip piggyback (alters the MAP sensor signal) to an existing tune (P*) would somehow yield a better result? By that logic, you should wire several RaceChips inline for infinite gains.

But, I get it, reading is hard. To summarize:

One person with P* and one without P* installed a RaceChip piggyback controller. Both came to the same conclusion - RaceChip (and all MAP signal piggybacks) sucks because it throws codes and causes erratic performance (lean burn at high load).
Go back and reread the thread. There have been additional posts since you've posted your comment. The user without Polestar has had no problems after installing a new RaceChip. Personally I have yet to have any problems nor have I thrown any DTCs this after performing a deep ECU scan. The Polestar user was doomed from the beginning with the two "enhancements" fighting each other. He's disgruntled and states that the RaceChip gave no boost and ran lean but he does nothing to substantiate the claim. Your own statement "throws codes" and "lean burn" are likewise unsubstantiated. Perhaps you can share data to reinforce your claims? When scanning my ECM I also looked at Long Term and Short Term Fuel Trim indicators of which the Long Term indicator would have indicated that engine's a/f ration had swung to lean. No such indication.

·
Registered
211 Posts
if you want V8 like performance go find an SUV with a V8 in it. If Polestar isn't enough you might need a different vehicle. I have to think that you are going to start breaking things by pushing more power out of the 2.0.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts