SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Thanks for doing this, the Ferrita DP is something I have been contemplating, so I too am excited to see your results.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Car/Conditions

British Petroleum 93 Octane, 10% Ethanol. 4,050 miles. No other modifications.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
These things are directional...I am not a tuner, I am not here to debate the merit, I am only a guinea pig for the community. I did the best I could for a controlled environment...same day, same machine, same conditions. The attached is corrected power at the wheels.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The Pole Star is now a dirty dancer. If you are one to complain about exhaust noise, this mod isn't for you. Much of the original characteristics are retained in D. In sport, it is audibly steroidal, and the car has become unhinged. Blew the clothes off my child.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
The Pole Star is now a dirty dancer. If you are one to complain about exhaust noise, this mod isn't for you. Much of the original characteristics are retained in D. In sport, it is audibly steroidal, and the car has become unhinged. Blew the clothes of my child.

Haha. Good to see both the baseline as well as the improvements. Interested to here your thoughts on the difference in "butt feel" as you continue to get more seat time.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha. Good to see both the baseline as well as the improvements. Interested to here your thoughts on the difference in "butt feel" as you continue to get more seat time.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Yeah, a little hard today given the rain and the traffic conditions. Kind of curious about the drivability impact...will there be less lag, etc.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can get away with exhaust mods without voiding your warranty in most cases.
Wouldn't do it if I felt there were notable implications to warranty. I'm willing to take on Volvo with Jackie Chiles if they would want to do battle :cool: If my radio craps out, my downpipe would need to be root cause. I tend to side with the manufacturers in not covering mechanicals when people start getting into software manipulation, forced induction on a NA engine, etc.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow! I want to hear all the nay sayers chime in that said the DP is a waste of money, and will show no gains with out a re- tune , re-flash after installation . Thanks for providing this info for all of us . Enjoy that car even more now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Results are much better than I would have anticipated, if it was not controlled, same day, same machine, I would be dubious. I am glad to hear the original exhaust note in D is largely retained, I usually drive in D with my wife, she hates the race car sound in S, which I love.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Results are much better than I would have anticipated, if it was not controlled, same day, same machine, I would be dubious. I am glad to hear the original exhaust note in D is largely retained, I usually drive in D with my wife, she hates the race car sound in S, which I love.
She will file for a divorce with your new sound in S. What is interesting is the results were stronger with each pull. Perhaps the ECU was "learning", but you'd think there would be an eventual offset with heat soak (there were certainly diminishing returns on the baseline pull after 3). From an HP standpoint, it was something like +12, then +15, then +17, and I believe what is reflected at +20 was #4. I paid for 3, but the dude was having fun.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So you're saying you just bolted it on and that was that? No CEL's, no tune needed... etc etc?

Impressive torque increase btw.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So you're saying you just bolted it on and that was that? No CEL's, no tune needed... etc etc?

Impressive torque increase btw.
Correct. No CELs on the trip back...there is a spacer on the O2 sensor to help mitigate that. Might scan my OBD in the next couple days to ensure no hidden codes.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I had a customer of mine install it on his S60 R-Design. No CEL for a while, came in last week with it on. No spacer. Cleared the light for him. I've been holding off on this mod for a while. Now that there seems to be a nice improvement to the car I'll have to get it done.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts