SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all the info here at Swedespeed and the many of you who corresponded with me I chose EST cat-back, Ferrita DP and BMC/Heico filter (all from EST) as the first upgrades I'll do to my new R when I get it next month (I'll also do a CAI).

I've orderd a Beltronics Vector FX2 performance monitor (it's identical to the Passport GT-2, good sale at Summit racing now, check Tech forum for info). I'll also have ODB-2 monitoring capabilities so I plan to do many before and after tests as I add the parts when they arrive in stages.

Has anyone run side-by-side in-car comparisons of the G-Tech Pro/RR vs. the Bel/Passport FX2/GT-2?

Heres's a funny one: When I talked to my local Volvo dealer about doing the DP for me the first thing the service manager said was: "Have you driven an R yet? It's a fast car, your sure you need to make it faster", next I spoke to the Volvo tech and he said the exact same thing, funny eh

Lastly, here are two pics of my car sitting and waiting for me, I couldn't get there before they took off all the shipping plastic:

This is the car I'll be saying bye-bye to:

What was Volvo thinking prior to MY04 with those hideous mirrors

LTA

Modified by LTA at 11:05 AM 3-18-2006

Modified by LTA at 1:09 AM 5-5-2006

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
Re: (Eric_H)

Quote, originally posted by Eric_H »
He concluded with "Get ready for the power of the R!" lol
Um, I don't think I will be _too_ frightened.

Not so fast there babalooey. It is supposed to be cold next week so the turbo will be quite happy.
Just go easy on her for the first few miles.

If you took delivery in June or July......no worries on being unprepared for the heat soaked turbo power.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (MagoonR)

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »

Not so fast there babalooey. It is supposed to be cold next week so the turbo will be quite happy.
Just go easy on her for the first few miles.

If you took delivery in June or July......no worries on being unprepared for the heat soaked turbo power.

The main reason I 'needed' to upgrade to the R is because of where I live (Toronto, Canada). My T5 is the best car I've ever owned as a daily driver and I REALLY love it. However, there are only a couple small windows of ideal conditions where temperatures are just right for summer tires or winter tires and Turbo performance. I'm sure the AWD of the R will vastly increase the size of these windows to the point (I hope) where it will be great all year except in August when temps are consistantly 30Celcius+ and humid.

I hope the CAI will help in the August but I'll likely have to consider other ways to fight heat soak and high IAT. I'll likely try an old trick with the thermostat for staters.

LTA

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Re: Performance testing my new MY06 R (LTA)

Quote, originally posted by LTA »

What was Volvo thinking prior to MY04 with those hideous mirrors

IMHO the old design "match" the exterior way better
the new design looks like "ow d'oh , we forgot the mirrors
.... mmmm, just put these ones on".

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Performance testing my new MY06 R (JARMO)

Quote, originally posted by JARMO »

IMHO the old design "match" the exterior way better
the new design looks like "ow d'oh , we forgot the mirrors
.... mmmm, just put these ones on".
JARMO,
I agree to a certain extent but I still say the old mirrors don't belong on a sports-sedan, they are just to bulky and slow-looking, but at least the new ones look a bit more slick and from the front follow the hood lines nicely as in this picture:

From just about any other angle, yeah, the new ones are still not that nice. The A4 has the nicest mirrors that match the stile of the car IMHO (I won't dare tarnish this VOLVO forum with Audi pics!)

LTA

Modified by LTA at 2:16 AM 10-4-2006

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.