16,979 Posts
sell it and buy a turbo car

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: (Chilled Man)

Quote, originally posted by Chilled Man »
sell it and buy a turbo car

Honestly. I know it's not the response you were looking for, but I used to have an N/A Volvo, and other than exhaust/intake there is no way to get more power out of the engine without spending an arm and a leg. It's much better just to sell it and get a 2.4t/2.5t/T5 than to mod an N/A S60. I used to have an S80, and trust me, I learned my lesson.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Re: (Chilled Man)

LOL!!! so true!

You can also get the ECU upgrade which gives decent performance.

I also had an 04 S60 non turbo. The car was fantastic, until you wanted to MOVE. The little 5 cyl engine was hard-pressed to keep up with other cars in it's price range.

I spoke with a Volvo master tech who told me that considering how much a VOlvo weighs, the NA motor has to work so much harder than a Turbo model. Also, the turbo's don't consume much more fuel than the NA models.

Considering the durability of today's turbo's, I'd say going with one is a far wiser decision over the NA versions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (cmurphy2266)

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. A lot of people have told me to trade it in but I can't find one in as good condition as mine ( around me ) and well I'm just looking for some small add on's for just a little extra power .. I have been looking for a cold air intake ... But I cant seem to find one for a non turbo

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: (mikeromano)

Quote, originally posted by mikeromano »

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. A lot of people have told me to trade it in but I can't find one in as good condition as mine ( around me ) and well I'm just looking for some small add on's for just a little extra power .. I have been looking for a cold air intake ... But I cant seem to find one for a non turbo

I'm telling you, it's not worth it for the money you're gunna spend. There are a good amount of T5's out there for cheap with a stick. Also, the 2004 R is getting really cheap now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Re: (DGBibo)

I dont' think its' that high.

When I had my S60, I found a site that had them for about the same price as you listed, but the hp was only rated at about the mid 180 range.

I was looking for the site, but can't seem to find it now

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (mikeromano)

Quote, originally posted by mikeromano »

... and well I'm just looking for some small add on's for just a little extra power .. I have been looking for a cold air intake ...

THERE AREN'T ANY.
A CAI and an exhaust MAY get you all of 5-7 hp and that's it, no more mods
Not worth $5-600 for 5 hp

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: (DGBibo)

Quote, originally posted by DGBibo »
even with a ECU upgrade ($899-1000) that will bring your 168 to around 200 i think. my 2.5t is stock 208hp.

yeah, if you had forced induction, but with n/a, you'll see 10max with volvo 5's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.