SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed before :deadhorse: but I was wondering what steps other T5 owners have taken to get a little more out of the car. Obviously I went with better tires, muffler, and K&N filter. There seems to be no chips/tuning available and I've heard varying reasons for that, which I assume all boil down to tiny turbo.

Has anyone explored a turbo swap? Is there anything compatible with this engine? Obviously internals are something I would worry about...and the high cost of tuning/charger/cooling upgrades lol

Any suggestions are appreciated! I love my car but we always want a little more...

·
Registered
775 Posts
I know this has been discussed before :deadhorse: but I was wondering what steps other T5 owners have taken to get a little more out of the car. Obviously I went with better tires, muffler, and K&N filter. There seems to be no chips/tuning available and I've heard varying reasons for that, which I assume all boil down to tiny turbo.

Has anyone explored a turbo swap? Is there anything compatible with this engine? Obviously internals are something I would worry about...and the high cost of tuning/charger/cooling upgrades lol

Any suggestions are appreciated! I love my car but we always want a little more...
I'm fairly certain a TDI tuning device is available for the T5. I would look into that. Definitely the best cost / performance ratio out there. Several of us run them on our T6's with success. While it's not an elegant solution, it does offer some improvement.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Personaly, my T5 is going under lots of mods (and some not added)
Added
-ERST Air Intake (love it)
-TDI Tuning Box: one of the best improvement in term of power
-IPD rear sway bar and other chassis set up

Coming soon
-DO88 for sure
-P* optimization (kind of reluctant by its cost $1.4k)
-GFB valve for optimizing the turbo and peak

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Personaly, my T5 is going under lots of mods (and some not added)
Added
-ERST Air Intake (love it)
-TDI Tuning Box: one of the best improvement in term of power
-IPD rear sway bar and other chassis set up

Coming soon
-DO88 for sure
-P* optimization (kind of reluctant by its cost $1.4k)
-GFB valve for optimizing the turbo and peak
Your T5 is the 4-cylinder 2.0L and OP's is the 5-cylinder 2.5L

·
Registered
603 Posts
Your T5 is the 4-cylinder 2.0L and OP's is the 5-cylinder 2.5L
Ohhhh thanks for mentioning this...In that case, nothing can do on a 2.5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts