SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Performance Mods for 2001 S60 T5

530 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Serdar-S60T5 
Re: Performance Mods for 2001 S60 T5 (usmcvandylaw)

hey.

is yours a manual or a geartronic?

either way, the best bang for buck, as everyone will probably agree, is the software upgrade which alters the parameters of your ecu in order to increase turbo boost, adjust the fuel, ignition timings and etc... a total of 22-23 parameters in a standard chip program as far as i know. there are a couple of ways you could do this. if you choose to install a standard chip upgrade, your gains will be smaller. probably between 25 - 35 bhp. however if you can have your ecu dyno re-mapped by some good hands, more power yields are possible.

personally i have a standard chip on my T5 which is supposed to gain me something like 30 bhp and i have definitely felt the difference in my car's performance. it didn't exactly rock my world but it definitely gave me better throttle response and acceleration throughout the whole rpm range. can't say it totally killed the turbo lag, but it gave me some more torque down low too... overall, my car is faster than a stock T5 - of that i am 100% sure.

do it. you won't regret it. from there, you can always add new mods and have your chip updated accordingly.

good luck http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.