SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Thursday to everyone.

Just wanted to announce to the community that we now have 3 Performance Intercoolers for the Volvo S60 and V60 models. It will fit the S60 and V60 T5 and T6 models, both AWD and FWD is supported. They are in stock at our Nashua New Hampshire warehouse ready to ship. These are impressive units and I will give you a little recap below.

This Performance Intercooler is 114% larger than factory which you can see in the photo below. With the larger core, do88 has been able to increase flow rate by 8% as well. During testing they saw average temperature drops of 22 degrees Celsius. All mounting hardware and nuts and bolts are included with each Performance Intercooler. No modification is needed to install this Performance Intercooler which makes the install clean and simple. If you have any questions or concerns I would be happy to answer them all.

Feel free to place the order for a Performance Intercooler Here or we can be reached at 877-878-8646 between the hours of 10:30AM-5:30PM Eastern Standard time.

Diagram of before and after temperature comparisons.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Connor,

Comparing this to a T6 Intercooler, while interesting, isn't very helpful for P* owners. How does this compare to our Intercooler, which is unique to our cars? Thanks.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Connor,

Comparing this to a T6 Intercooler, while interesting, isn't very helpful for P* owners. How does this compare to our Intercooler, which is unique to our cars? Thanks.
Great question and I am glad you brought this up. This testing was done on a T6 OEM intercooler BUT they saw roughly 21 degree C average reduction in IAT temps on a V60 Polestar. Overall about 7 degrees C above ambient after the temperature drop. So the numbers are extremely close. :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Connor,

Perhaps not posting in the right thread, but since you're here...what modifications would be needed to make this intercooler fit a 2014 XC60 T6 AWD?

S60 vs XC60 plumbing and mounting points can't be that different can they?

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
Great question and I am glad you brought this up. This testing was done on a T6 OEM intercooler BUT they saw roughly 21 degree C average reduction in IAT temps on a V60 Polestar. Overall about 7 degrees C above ambient after the temperature drop. So the numbers are extremely close. :)
I'm not buying this. Are you saying the intercooler in the Polestar essentially performed the same as OEM?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The Polestar FMIC is not that big, I don't know the size of the RD FMIC, but the polestar FMIC is approx. 27" by 4" by 2". I don't think they upgraded the size much over a T6 RD.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Well, size not withstanding, I know mine has the same performance at 59 deg. or 95 deg. which was definitely not the case with my '04 V70R.
Even at Dallas triple digits, the P* shows no signs of heat soak, which is a huge performance improvement.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Improvements can always be made further than oem, even on a Polestar. I promised my wife I wouldn't modify this car, sorry honey.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Improvements can always be made further than oem, even on a Polestar. I promised my wife I wouldn't modify this car, sorry honey.
If or...when...Polestar offers any upgrade to our cars, I'll be the first in line!:D

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Connor,

Perhaps not posting in the right thread, but since you're here...what modifications would be needed to make this intercooler fit a 2014 XC60 T6 AWD?

Let me look into this for you!
I'm not buying this. Are you saying the intercooler in the Polestar essentially performed the same as OEM?
That is correct. The polestar intercooler is only slightly larger than the OEM T6's. The slightly larger size is enough to keep up with what the polestar is putting out. Now if the Polestar unit was MUCH larger than the OEM T6 then I bet the numbers would be slightly changed.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Good to see some aftermarket support for the T6 out there. A bit unrelated to this thread, but is there any chance you guys could come up with a transmission cooler kit similar to what you have for the R? The transmission overheats at the track and goes into a limp mode forcing shifts at 5500 rpms.

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
Man, stock plumbing, stock placement, price is right. Dang it!!!!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Yes, it's hard to resist, a DP, FMIC and a tune when available at a reasonable price, I am aware of Rica's, and the P will easily be topping 400+HP. The best case scenario, Polestar will come out with a supplemental tune, but I think that is wishful thinking. The chassis is so capable and honestly the car is perfectly fine as is, but hey, I feel there are always improvements to be made. Who wouldn't want another 50+Hp, it's not like they marketed this car to soccer mom's, they marketed it to enthusiasts, who have a hard time not modifying their cars, at least me anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Connor,

Easy to fit - do 88 comes with everything -

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm confused will the FMIC fit the V60 P*. Someone was saying it would NOT. Can you guys confirm. On a side note, I'm very excited to hear about the new partnership with Hilton tuning, bring on the software tuning for the P*. Thanks

AC

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm confused will the FMIC fit the V60 P*.
Someone was saying it would NOT.
Can you guys confirm.

On a side note, I'm very excited to hear about the new partnership with Hilton tuning, bring on the software tuning for the P*. Thanks

AC
Only way to find out is get a do 88 Intercooler unit to someone who has the V60 P* and fit it ... Cant be to difficult to see in an hour !

Then a small tweek here and there and the V60 will have a 500 HP Cooler in it for good performance from then on out ....:)

I think it will fit :partywave:

We had the same problem in the beginning with the XC 60 - Will it Fit ?

I phone Fredrik of do 88 and purchased a unit - It fitted like a Glove and it works like a race cooler should keeping those unwanted temperature's down

Most Volvo owners will not know what temps there incoming Cai are as there is no way of knowing unless one has test equipment or even a simple but VERY important Scan Gauge

Some say the rule of thumb is for every degree one can get the CA i's down its worth 1 HP .......

Down by 20 - 25 Degrees on WOT runs out on the highway ......

I am sure VIVA will have in Stock so its easier to purchase one quickly ?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Sorry, it will NOT fit on a V60P unless you relocate the radar unit on the front grill, it sticks back too far and will interfere with the fitting of the FMIC. VIVA is aware it will not fit on cars with the collision avoidance system, I talked to George @VIVA and he said they are a few mos. away from having a modified do 88 that will fit on a V60P without relocating the radar unit on the grill. I would have bought one if it would fit, it won't, and I didn't. Because I am not willing to relocate the radar unit.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Good to see some aftermarket support for the T6 out there. A bit unrelated to this thread, but is there any chance you guys could come up with a transmission cooler kit similar to what you have for the R? The transmission overheats at the track and goes into a limp mode forcing shifts at 5500 rpms.
Yes indeed. This is something those who track do need.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts