SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Thursday to everyone.

Just wanted to announce to the community that we now have 3 Performance Intercoolers for the Volvo S60 and V60 models. It will fit the S60 and V60 T5 and T6 models, both AWD and FWD is supported. They are in stock at our Nashua New Hampshire warehouse ready to ship. These are impressive units and I will give you a little recap below.

This Performance Intercooler is 114% larger than factory which you can see in the photo below. With the larger core, do88 has been able to increase flow rate by 8% as well. During testing they saw average temperature drops of 22 degrees Celsius. All mounting hardware and nuts and bolts are included with each Performance Intercooler. No modification is needed to install this Performance Intercooler which makes the install clean and simple. If you have any questions or concerns I would be happy to answer them all.

Feel free to place the order for a Performance Intercooler Here or we can be reached at 877-878-8646 between the hours of 10:30AM-5:30PM Eastern Standard time.

Diagram of before and after temperature comparisons.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Any figures in terms of performance gains? A 22c drop in temp has to translate into something.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Group Buy Connor?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any figures in terms of performance gains? A 22c drop in temp has to translate into something.
Nothing At the moment as these are the FIRST units to hit the shelves. I will see what I can do about that though.

Group Buy Connor?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
Happy to set something up! Maybe a package deal with the 3.5" downpipe ;)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
How does it compare to the larger FMIC in the Polestar, just curious.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Polestar unit isn't much bigger than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
How much and is this a fairly easy DIY with basic hand tools? Would also like to see what kind of performance gains.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Yes I know the size of the Polestar FMIC now, I just measured it. Smaller than I thought, and your right it's not much more than stock RD. Compared to the FMIC in my last Volvo, it's downright tiny. Connor/George package a deal for DP, FMIC and second O2 extender and I'm all ears.

·
Registered
848 Posts
If someone can confirm the FMIC will fit (or can be made to fit) the XC60, I'm interested in a package deal like the above as well.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Count me in on a group buy or package deal with the downpipe

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How much and is this a fairly easy DIY with basic hand tools? Would also like to see what kind of performance gains.
Current price is at $664.99. We would love to have someone be our tester of before and after runs :)
Yes I know the size of the Polestar FMIC now, I just measured it. Smaller than I thought, and your right it's not much more than stock RD. Compared to the FMIC in my last Volvo, it's downright tiny. Connor/George package a deal for DP, FMIC and second O2 extender and I'm all ears.
Let me PM you with something.
Count me in on a group buy or package deal with the downpipe

Let me PM you as well.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If someone can confirm the FMIC will fit (or can be made to fit) the XC60, I'm interested in a package deal like the above as well.
The intercooler on the S60 T6 is same part number as the XC60 T6. Now with that being said it "should" fit. If you can confirm that there is nothing in the way going straight up from the factory intercooler then I would say we would have a very good chance of fitting it on the XC60. But my initial guess is yes.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I'm interested in the FMIC if you do the group buy; the downpipe + FMIC pkg would be just a little too rich for my wallet at the moment.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm interested in the FMIC if you do the group buy; the downpipe + FMIC pkg would be just a little too rich for my wallet at the moment.
Yea I was thinking about both until I saw the price tag for both and Viva is only doing $140 off if you buy both. So it's probably just the intercooler for now.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yea I was thinking about both until I saw the price tag for both and Viva is only doing $140 off if you buy both. So it's probably just the intercooler for now.

This looks interesting and easy enough to do but what are the gains in HP and/or torque?
It's cool to have a bigger intercooler but we need to feel it under our right foot if we are to spend hundreds of dollars :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
This looks interesting and easy enough to do but what are the gains in HP and/or torque?
It's cool to have a bigger intercooler but we need to feel it under our right foot if we are to spend hundreds of dollars :)
Yea I would like someone to test the intercooler for gains. The downpipe gives 10hp/30tq supposedly.

So if Viva wants to send me one to test I have a stock RD and would be more than willing to take it to a dyno and see what gains are to be had.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would like to think that to really see gains out of either the downpipe or the intercooler, you would need to tune the car. I'm sure there will be a small gain without it, but to really utilize the added efficiency, you have to go above and beyond the factory programming. Having said that, I can't imagine upgrading the intercooler would be a bad idea. The downpipe is a different matter, and could have emissions implications for people in those areas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When they claim an 8% increase in flow rate, is that max flow rate, using a flow bench, or do they mean 8% more airflow as measured on the vehicle with no other changes?

·
Registered
337 Posts
again, our tiny turbos might not benefit, its more pressure drop with a larger intercooler if you dont a big enough turbo to flow enough cfm it wont do much for you,

a lot of subaru guys learned this from going from the top mount with little piping to a large FMIC with the stock turbos,

does any one know the specs on the stock turbo, max cfm rate ?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts