SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I am not a huge fan of mud flaps on most cars... sometime they look ridiculous but I was wondering if anybody has pictures of R's with good looking smaller mud flaps

·
Registered
172 Posts
My R came with the OEM mud flaps the look good (I am not a mud flap fan) Sorry no picture. It certainly keeps the lower valences looking good.

·
Registered
348 Posts
they do serve a good purpose, keeping the rocker panels and stuff looking good, my problem is that at stock ride height i scrape them on the speed bumps by my house, so they get ugly.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I had them on an S60 2.4 many years ago.. They were more trouble than they were worth. Because they have no flex, they scraped pavement in low clearance situations and come loose and fall off on occasion.. I think I replaced two over the course of 3 years.. Also, not sure what you use your R for but they do add drag at higher speeds.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Personally I Am thinking of having some for the winter since I live in a place with a lot of snow and my R is doing clouds when I drive!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I added the Volvo ones to mine & they keep the sides of the car cleaner. The fronts do scrape on some taller speedbumps though, but so far mine still don't show damage.

Not my car but heres a pic:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Installed an OEM set on my VR this summer. I love the look personally.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I just ordered a set, and I personally regret not getting them sooner. If you are running spacers of 10mm or greater, then your tires will fling stuff along the side of your car behind each wheel well. This wil help solve that, especially in the winter :D

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I've had them on mine for 4 or 5 years and really life them especially in winter.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Installed an OEM set on my VR this summer. I love the look personally.
+2. IMO they are more minimalist in design compared to previous Volvo mudflaps - which I've installed on all my cars. Don't look bad on the VR. If I had an SR maybe not? A must here for the MN winters.

·
Registered
270 Posts
On my '07 - yeah they do tend to scrape but the paint protection is worth the hassle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts