SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought some pegasus replicas. Didn't do much research before purchasing them though... They were cheap and I needed some wheels for this winter. Sure enought, they don't fit. They are 17x7.5 and I do believe I need some 17x8 to clear the big brembo brakes. Wish I had known that before having some brand new tires fitted to them... :facepalm: So now I have two solutions, either I sell them and get some proper pegs or I get some spacers. The guy at the tires shop said that spacers can cause vibration and that if ever I go that way I should get some proper ones, not the cheap universal ones and I totaly understand why. Now how thick must the spacers be for the setup to work? Anything I should know before going further with the spacers idea? Or should I just sell these wheels and find some 17x8 ones?

Thanks

Registered
All depends on the wheel offset. Since I'm not aware of many companies that make replica pegs (only iPd), I'd say probably a 10 or 15mm spacer will work for you. I recommend H&R spacers and bolts, they're nicely made and reasonably priced.

Super Moderator
Who made Peg replicas that don't fit on the R? That's real lame since Pegs were FOR the R.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
While doing some researches i've found some pegs in 16 inches so I guess they do make some for non R cars. My wheels offset is 49.

Premium Member
All depends on the wheel offset. Since I'm not aware of many companies that make replica pegs (only iPd), I'd say probably a 10 or 15mm spacer will work for you. I recommend H&R spacers and bolts, they're nicely made and reasonably priced.
hate to break it to you, but IPD doesn't make their own wheels, they are sourced elsewhere. I know a few manufacturers make the Pegasus replica, some better than others. Replika a.k.a Fast Wheels is one of them, and I think a few overseas in Europe also make them(including the 19" non-oem variant).

Registered
While doing some researches i've found some pegs in 16 inches so I guess they do make some for non R cars. My wheels offset is 49.
Pegs never came in 16". Only 17" and 18"s. I think you might be referring to another wheel?

If 16, you might be thinking of Satelites?

As for the ones you bought.. 17x7.5.. can't be Titans as those are 17x7s.. :confused:

You got a photo of 'em?

Super Moderator
Just to make sure we're all on the same page OP, this is a Peg:

Is this what you're talking about?

Premium Member
btw. these are the crappy replicas that I've seen on some Jags, Land Rover Evoque and on plain jane Volvos for winter setup. look so off, lip and barrel and center look completely different.

Super Moderator
btw. these are the crappy replicas that I've seen on some Jags, Land Rover Evoque and on plain jane Volvos for winter setup. look so off, lip and barrel and center look completely different.
Wow, yeah, those look like crap. lol

Registered
I assume you did not buy the replicas from IPD? They have a guaranteed fit for the OEM brakes on 04-07 S/VR.

I would just space them. You are going to pay so much for having the tires transferred over and return shipping on the 17x7.5 wheels. Measure the wheel offset to see how much extra clearance you need. I don't think anyone on here could give you an accurate guess since we don't know the source of the wheels.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Oh come on, I own a R, I sure do know what pegs look like... Not a total newbie there. The ones I have are replicas, I bought them used for realy cheap. I do not know what brand they are. All I know is that they are 17x7.5 with 49 offset. They may be IPD or they may aswell be chinese knock off. Here is one of the wheels, I know it look like crap but like I said, it was cheap and I live in Canada, our winter road conditions will mess up some nice wheels!

Registered
Make sure you are not mistaking first gen V70R (p1) 17" Satelite wheels (also available in 16") with pegs.

Registered
There looks like some subtle differences between the pic you posted and IPD's reps. Best bet is to measure the difference of offset of the wheel and the distance from hub to caliper to see how much more clearance you will need. Then order spacers accordingly.

Premium Member
Oh come on, I own a R, I sure do know what pegs look like... Not a total newbie there. The ones I have are replicas, I bought them used for realy cheap. I do not know what brand they are. All I know is that they are 17x7.5 with 49 offset. They may be IPD or they may aswell be chinese knock off. Here is one of the wheels, I know it look like crap but like I said, it was cheap and I like in Canada, our winter road conditions will mess up some nice wheel!

Yep, those are the same ones I posted up top. Like you said, who cares if it's for Winter wheels. So I my suggestion is to get spacers, likely 10mm all around. However I would still try to premount to see how far off they are from fitment, also, look out for anything running into the front calipers (barrel included).

Super Moderator

Premium Member
Based on that image of the Satellites, I think you do have Peg replicas, but this is the first time I've heard of Peg replicas which don't fit the caR the wheels were originally designed for, so it makes you wonder.
LOL I guess it's replicas for Non-P2R volvos :)

I actually have Chinese knockoffs, but mine are really nice and fit perfect. They were also cheap. :thumbup: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...s-Wheels-Keystone-ALY70267U-Through-Rock-Auto
<strike>Wow, those are nice! I wonder if they make an 19" version...</strike>

Edit: Looked into it, looks like Keystone only refurbish wheels and not make them. You didn't get knockoffs.

Super Moderator
LOL I guess it's replicas for Non-P2R volvos :)

<strike>Wow, those are nice! I wonder if they make an 19" version...</strike>

Edit: Looked into it, looks like Keystone only refurbish wheels and not make them. You didn't get knockoffs.
DevolvR - That is incorrect. The wheels I purchased, as I documented well in my post that I linked, are Chinese replicas in 18". The 17" wheels on RockAuto are refurbished OEM Pegs. However, when the wheels are available on RockAuto (they are not currently), you would find that they have labeled the wheels as being "Condition: New, Brand: Keystone". If you follow through my thread, you'll see the photos I posted which show quite clearly that they are manufactured in China as opposed to the refurbished units OEM units which are manufactured in Europe. Check out the thread in full, you'll see what I'm talking about.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts