SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was attempting to refinish my wheels today and dremel the curb rash down to the aluminum. I had no idea the wheels were painted so thickly and I couldnt find a strong enough paint stripper to take all of the paint off to a shiny aluminum finish and I would sand and polish the aluminum. Tommorow I am going to try to just sand all of the paint off the wheel unless I get a better idea. I have a lot of tools at my disposal so looking for alternatives to getting this paint off because im to deep into it and cant go back from here. Also I tried posting this in the R forum but it wasnt letting me for some reason.

https://imgur.com/gallery/2XCU5PY

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey Seth
That's powder coat finish on those wheels. It's baked on so i don't think regular paint strippers will have much effect.
Wheel refinishing shops have a process for removing and re applying the powder coat finish although the shop i choose did not or could not guarantee they could duplicate the stock "anthracite" shiny aluminum finish so i backed out of having it done.
Higher end wheel shops would be able to do any color and finish desired but i wasn't interested in paying them more than what the wheels were worth to have it done.
cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts