SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I drive a 2005 AWD, and i find it to be a good looking and great all-round car. However, one thing that occaisionally annoys me is the raised ride height of the rear of the car. I noticed an S60R the other day running 18inch pegasus rims, and I thought they would look terrific on my car, but the raised ride height might look a bit stupid. Has anyone tried putting 18's on an AWD s60? Also, I'm assuming the larger rims will make the already bad turning circle worse?<br>Thanks for any help!<br>

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Re: Pegasus rims on AWD s60 (volvoAWD)

If you get the recommened tire size of 235/40R18 for the Pegasus wheels, the wheel/tire combo will be no bigger than your 17" wheel with 235/45R17 tires, so you will not be changing ride height. You might experience more rubbing however, since the Pegasus is an 8" wide wheel while the 17" wheels on your AWD are 7.5" wide.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
changing your wheel size will have ZERO effect on your turning radius since the width is the same.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would expect the 8" wide wheel to be... well wider? The stock wheels that came on my car definately werent 8" wide and a 225/40 18 would have probably more closely resembled the stock tire. I got 235/40 18 and it raised my car up a little bit and the width of the tires definately cut the steering radius since they rub at full turn lock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts