SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed but I don't know where to look for the info.<p>1. I wanted to know the ideal equipment (spacers, tires) for 17-inch Pegasus wheels going on my 98 V70R. I am looking to have a setup that does not have rubbing problems. I currently have 16-inch Comet rims and 205/55WR-16 Kumho ECSTA ASX tires. No rubbing. <p>2. My front OEM shocks are bad to the point of leaking. What is a good replacement strategy? I am only looking to get the front done, I know my Nivomats are going to be a problem but not right now.<p>Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Pegasus rims for '98 V70R, best front shocks (ikorman)

Many have used Bilstein tourings with the stock rear nivomats with good results.<br>Remember to install new strut mounts and spring seats at that time

·
Registered
443 Posts
Re: Pegasus rims for '98 V70R, best front shocks (JRL)

I am in similar situation. Has anyone put Konis (which clearly JRL prefers) on front only and with Eibach springs as well as OEM springs? Also, anyone put Ohlins (pricey I know) on front only and with what springs? What kind of handling results? <p>Sorry for all the questions; I have done search for Ohlins but limited threads come up. I know Greg, LarryO, aonegentleman, Sharma, and PeteW had Ohlins but I think front & rear. Can any of you help?<p>Thanks in advance!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts