SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Peak has a blue "europe" version of the OET coolant line. It appears to be a phosphate free HOAT with sodium benzoate as the acid residue corrosion inhibitor. Can I mix this with what Volvo puts in there? Chasing a coolant leak so don't want to buy the Volvo stuff. Who makes the Volvo stuff, by the way?

2012 S60 T5

·
Registered
303 Posts
I got the Pentosin Pentofrost NF to top off my coolant. Not to be confused with Pentofrost A3 (for Asian vehicles) which is also blue. The OEM stuff was more greenish. Local Volvo dealer said it was fine and compatible when I took my car in for regular maintenance a month or so later.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I don't know much about all the different types of coolant out there, but I would be wary of mixing two different colors.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know much about all the different types of coolant out there, but I would be wary of mixing two different colors.
I got the Pentosin Pentofrost NF to top off my coolant. Not to be confused with Pentofrost A3 (for Asian vehicles) which is also blue. The OEM stuff was more greenish. Local Volvo dealer said it was fine and compatible when I took my car in for regular maintenance a month or so later.
the peak is blue and I thought my coolant was also blue, but perhaps maybe not the same blue. did they change dyes between 2012 and 2018?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I have not, but various websites, including FCP State you can mix these together with no issues (they're backwards compatible).

However, if you don't feel up to doing so, I'd recommend just buying the genuine. The price difference is less than $3.

Volvo Coolant/Antifreeze - Genuine 31439821 | FCP Euro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts